A very strange experience

  • aqwinsor
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2012
      I didn't feel like doing any real work, so I browsed the archives, starting from the beginning.

      It was very surprising to see my own name pop out at me, on posts that were once emails from 12 years ago. Discussing trade items I'd added to the code. (Axes, hammers etc.)

      Twelve years ago...

      Twelve years ago my eldest son was five. Twelve years ago, we had only three children, not six. Twelve years ago, none of my children could really read, so I read stories to them. Now they all have read stories to me. Twelve years ago....

      I feel so old.

      I guess nothing you let out to the internet ever really *does* go away, does it?
    • Larry Stanbery
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2012

        Hm. Did I really start the mail list 12 years ago? Wow.

        On Apr 7, 2012 12:08 PM, "aqwinsor" <aqwinsor@...> wrote:
        I didn't feel like doing any real work, so I browsed the archives, starting from the beginning.

        It was very surprising to see my own name pop out at me, on posts that were once emails from 12 years ago. Discussing trade items I'd added to the code. (Axes, hammers etc.)

        Twelve years ago...

        Twelve years ago my eldest son was five. Twelve years ago, we had only three children, not six. Twelve years ago, none of my children could really read, so I read stories to them. Now they all have read stories to me. Twelve years ago....

        I feel so old.

        I guess nothing you let out to the internet ever really *does* go away, does it?

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           atlantisdev-digest@yahoogroups.com
           atlantisdev-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Andrey Repin
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7, 2012
          Greetings, aqwinsor!

          a> I guess nothing you let out to the internet ever really *does* go away, does it?

          It doesn't. And it tend to jump on you at the least expected moment.

          --
          WBR,
          Andrey Repin (hell-for-yahoo@...) 08.04.2012, <00:40>