Re: [atlantisdev] Magic: Illusions. Who uses it?

  • Arno Saxena
    • stabliser
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2012
        Illusions are for fooling the enemy, Sun Tzu tells us that deception IS the art of war.

        I think what we need to make illusions more useful, is a special spell that costs the mage a lot (I'm thinking a few levels of study) that allows the mage to give herself to a new empty unit, thus hiding identity, the illusions would help to make the old unit number more believable as a mage until the cover is blown.

        Come on, a magician's main trick in fiction has been vanishing in a puff of smoke, we have to make it work :) Also this might lead to code that could be adapted for lycanthropy and other !!fun!!