RE: [atlantisdev] Re: movement / map concepts in pbem games

  • Rick C
    Message 1 of 64 , Aug 4, 2011
      > Well atlantis needs less micromanagement and having a unit that was in the same region every turn but had orders to give something to a unit in another region on repeat it would reduce micro management. Ive forgotten how caravanserai worked but I thought they didn't reduce micromanagement and created the need for more unit infrastructure to work (sounds like reality though)

      At the time, I suggested making caravanserai work like warehouses in Empire, because I knew that what was implemented was not going to help reduce MM at all (and thus IMNSHO worthless.)
    • Rick C
      Message 64 of 64 , Aug 4, 2011
        > > At the time, I suggested making caravanserai work like warehouses in
        > > Empire, because I knew that what was implemented was not going to help
        > > reduce MM at all (and thus IMNSHO worthless.)
        >
        > There are lots of games with "Empire" in their names. Which one are
        > you referring to? Or, perhaps more directly useful, how did warehouses
        > work there that made them so helpful?

        The original Empire. Warehouses automatically distribute, to the limit of their capacity to distribute.

        http://www.wolfpackempire.com/infopages/distribute.html

        http://www.wolfpackempire.com/infopages/threshold.html

        Essentially you set up, once per hex, production and distribution thresholds, and hexes automatically attempt to import and export goods to maintain the specified thresholds. Once it's been set up, you don't worry about it again barring having your routes interrupted by enemies. It wipes out a lot of MM.