New game

  • Valentin
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 7, 2011
      On the13th of February will launch a new game Atlantis.
      The game is designed for two moves in a week, every Sunday and Wednesday at 19:00 UTC.

      Details, rules and instructions for you can find here: http://www.magicdeep.com/

      If you want to take part in the game, you must send a request to participate. You must send a letter to the mailbox atlantis@..., with a special command #Create. For example:

      #Create "Factions Name" "password"

      Server handles multiple commands by e-mail, you can learn more if an inquiry #Help.
    • Alexandra Beebe

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 14, 2011
          My guess is both faction name and password _must_ be doublequoted.

          Max

          > Yea, I tried the create command several times all I get back are
          > errors.  Help command works.
          >

          > On Feb 7, 2011, at 3:11 AM, Valentin wrote:
          >
          > > On the13th of February will launch a new game Atlantis.
          > > The game is designed for two moves in a week, every Sunday and
          > Wednesday at 19:00 UTC.
          > >
          > > Details, rules and instructions for you can find here:
          > http://www.magicdeep.com/>
          > > If you want to take part in the game, you must send a request
          > to participate. You must send a letter to the mailbox
          > atlantis@..., with a special command #Create. For example:
          > >
          > > #Create "Factions Name" "password"
          > >
          > > Server handles multiple commands by e-mail, you can learn more
          > if an inquiry #Help.

        • Valentin
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 15, 2011
            > Yea, I tried the create command several times all I get back are errors.  Help command works.

            Had a little problem with some addresses on gmail, please try again. If not, duplicate the letter on gm@...

            You must come checker on your every email.

            Please note, the server can not yet handle HTML messages or coded (eg Base64).

            --
            WBR, Vorp
          • Valentin
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 15, 2011
              > My guess is both faction name and password _must_ be doublequoted.

              Yes, it is better to use doublequoted.

              --
              WBR, Vorp
            • Chris Babcock
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 15, 2011
                2011/2/15 Valentin <vorp@...>:
                > Please note, the server can not yet handle HTML messages or coded (eg Base64).

                I have a filter script (preprocessor) that uses external commands -
                lynx and base64 for HTML and base64 on Linux - for processing MIME
                email. The scripting language is a CRM-114 build that is available on
                Windows too, meaning that the script could be trivially adapted if
                there are command line programs available that would read those
                formats on stdin and write decode output on stdout. My script outputs
                some mail headers, but it would be trivial to only output the body.

                If this would be useful to anyone, I can make it available without encumbrance.

                Chris
                --
                51st century guy
              • Valentin
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 15, 2011
                  >> Please note, the server can not yet handle HTML messages or coded (eg Base64).
                  > I have a filter script (preprocessor) that uses external commands -
                  > lynx and base64 for HTML and base64 on Linux - for processing MIME
                  > email. The scripting language is a CRM-114 build that is available on
                  > Windows too, meaning that the script could be trivially adapted if
                  > there are command line programs available that would read those
                  > formats on stdin and write decode output on stdout. My script outputs
                  > some mail headers, but it would be trivial to only output the body.
                  >
                  > If this would be useful to anyone, I can make it available without encumbrance.

                  It would be very interesting.

                  --
                  WBR, Vorp
                • Willo van der Merwe
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 10, 2011
                    Hi Guys,

                    I'm thinking of running a game on a small 8x8, or 16x16 hex board (Atlantis - standard rules) If there's enough interest I'll set it up. Contact here or on http://pbem.za.org/

                    Cheers,

                    Willo
                  • Sébastien Derouet
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 11, 2011
                      Hi,

                      Should I ask you some help to build a small game to play with my friends ?

                      I’m not so good in C++ to compil that game.

                      Thanks

                      Seb

                    • Andrey Repin
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 13, 2011
                        Greetings, Sebastien Derouet!

                        First, please create a new message instead a reply to some very, very old and
                        unrelated post, when you starting a new topic.

                        SD> Should I ask you some help to build a small game to play with my friends ?

                        You shouldn't, but you definitely may :)
                        Some could even help you in achieving your goal.
                        But first, you could try it yourself, it's not all that hard. And Atlantis
                        have instructions to build it in different environments.
                        The otherwise disadvantage is that if there'd be any fixes, you'd be bound
                        to your unfixed server, or to again find someone to rebuild it.

                        SD> I▓m not so good in C++ to compil that game.

                        Call me fool, but I don't know any of the C family languages enough to write a
                        new program. But i've successfully built Atlantis in the past, as well as many
                        other programs.
                        Both under Linux and Windows.

                        --
                        WBR,
                        Andrey Repin (hell-for-yahoo@...) 13.06.2011, <14:30>
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 19, 2011
                          Hello Max,

                          Don Basilio Yellow pants? I remember you... ;)

                          >Andrey Repin <hell-for-yahoo@...>
                          Dark Wings or who? :)

                          --
                          Best regards,