Re: Olympia game 3

  • tom.droeshout
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 21, 2010
      The game is ready. Olympia game 3 will start on the 1st of September.
      It's for 80% similar to Atlantis.

      It's free, because it's also open source.

      Feel free to check it out at :

      http://olympia.v-labs.be/g3/

      With regards,

      Tom Droeshout
      Belgium, Europe

      --- In atlantisdev@yahoogroups.com, "tom.droeshout" <tom.droeshout@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Olympia might ring a bell to some of you. Several players have played Olympia back in the days and then decided to design atlantis.
      >
      > We're trying to polish that old jewel back to its former glory. If you want to take a look, please feel free to drop me a message at tom.droeshout [at] gmail.com
      >
      > We're in the process of a beta test for our group of 17 old oly players. If that works we will launch it for the public (1st of September I guess, when everyone is back from holiday). July & August are very calm in Europe. We still need to make a website & stuff, but that won't be a problem.
      >
      > The old g2 game rules will remain valid and are available at www.pbm.com/oly
      >
      > Btw turns will be run like the old system, once a week. And the game will be free of course, it's open source anyway.
      >
      > Bye,
      >

      > Tom

    • tom.droeshout
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 24, 2010
        Game 3 is up and running (turn 4 atm). 153 players are active in the world. You might notice some GM's from other games in the player list.

        In case you have missed the start, feel free to join. You'll get the same benefits as the players who have started from turn 1.

        Good luck. ;-)

        http://olympia.v-labs.be/g3/

        Tom Droeshout
        Belgium, Europe

        --- In atlantisdev@yahoogroups.com, "tom.droeshout" <tom.droeshout@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > Olympia might ring a bell to some of you. Several players have played Olympia back in the days and then decided to design atlantis.
        >
        > We're trying to polish that old jewel back to its former glory. If you want to take a look, please feel free to drop me a message at tom.droeshout [at] gmail.com
        >
        > We're in the process of a beta test for our group of 17 old oly players. If that works we will launch it for the public (1st of September I guess, when everyone is back from holiday). July & August are very calm in Europe. We still need to make a website & stuff, but that won't be a problem.
        >
        > The old g2 game rules will remain valid and are available at www.pbm.com/oly
        >
        > Btw turns will be run like the old system, once a week. And the game will be free of course, it's open source anyway.
        >
        > Bye,
        >

        > Tom

      • Tom
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
          Olympia g3 broke the 200 player mark.

          A while ago already, our 200th player joined the Olympia g3 game. From the start, September 2010 - over six months ago already - we estimated that a number of the players who join will probably end up not playing (or stop playing without issuing the 'quit' command), and we estimated that number to be 10% of the player base.

          Upon reaching 220 players, assuming a 10% loss of players, we have reached our 200-player mark!

          Time for celebrations! :-)

          The game can be found at :
          http://olympia.v-labs.be/g3/

          bye,

          Tom Droeshout
        • Larry Stanbery
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011

            You could calculate based on number of factions submitting orders in a given turn, averaged over N turns...

            But, hey, it's still an accomplishment - Oly has risen from the dead. Congrats. =)

            Sent from my Droid. =)

            On Mar 15, 2011 7:24 AM, "Tom" <tom.droeshout@...> wrote:
            > Olympia g3 broke the 200 player mark.
            >
            > A while ago already, our 200th player joined the Olympia g3 game. From the start, September 2010 - over six months ago already - we estimated that a number of the players who join will probably end up not playing (or stop playing without issuing the 'quit' command), and we estimated that number to be 10% of the player base.
            >
            > Upon reaching 220 players, assuming a 10% loss of players, we have reached our 200-player mark!
            >
            > Time for celebrations! :-)
            >
            > The game can be found at :
            > http://olympia.v-labs.be/g3/
            >
            > bye,