Re: [atlantisdev] A couple of questions on TRANSPORT/DISTRIBUTE

  • Arno Saxena
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2008
      both ideas are good. I've myself started to trace the quartermasters in
      the code. Haven't done the same for the transport and distribute code
      (lacking the time at the moment, weekendshifts and closing in deadline
      in the project I'm working for :) )

      I would like to transfere the quarermasters and the stealth unit limits
      to the actuall v4 engine. (the stealth limit would only be implemented
      if it could be ready and bugfree in less than five weeks, the actual
      game has alreay four turns so it's theoreticaly posible to start
      teaching stealth from level 4 to 4.1 in five weeks...)

      The level 5 stealth unit limit could be implemented like the
      quartermaster limit (or the tactician limit) I think the magician limit
      is a bit different, since they have to check if a skill from a certain
      list is present, rather than if a particular skill has the level of 5.
      If compared to tacticians and quartermasters I think the code will be
      mostly the same. One question is left though. Witch atribute will limit
      the number of level 5 stealth units?

      greetings
      Arno

      bioboobies wrote:
      > Hi
      >
      > I'm having a play with Atlantis 5 minimal from Sourceforge SVN and
      > want to have a look at the transport and distribute code, with the aim
      > to separate them out into two separate code bodies.
      >
      > In the last Atlantis 5 game I played run by Arno, it was possible to
      > move goods all the way from the top left of the map (0,0) to the
      > bottom right if you had a network of caravans. This I think was
      > because the transport and distribute orders we processed as a combined
      > set of orders, one hex at a time.
      >
      > I propose to split, processing TRANSPORT first, then DISTRIBUTE.
      > Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this?
      >
      > I've also added in a STEALTH faction point split with a limit on the
      > number of STEALTH 5 units a faction to have, just to see if it could
      > be done, similar to mages and tactics 5. Easy.
      >
      > Dave

    • bioboobies
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 13, 2008
        Arno

        Code works fine and it is the STEALTH attribute that determines the
        number of STEA 5 units. STEALTH is a faction point addition to WAR,
        TRADE, MAGIC...

        I'll send the code to you on Monday.