PyAtlantis v1.0

  • Anthony Briggs
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 16 3:55 PM
      Hi All,

      I've just uploaded the latest version of PyAtlantis to the files
      section:

      Alternatively, you can snag the latest version of the sources from
      SourceForge if you have subversion:

      svn co https://pybem.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pybem/trunk/pyatlantis
      pyatlantis

      This is the long awaited "final" no C code version before I start
      refactoring and tidying up, so it'll be more fun from here on if anyone
      wants to join in and help out ;)

      There's also a test game (Elderlands) going, have a look at
      http://members.westnet.com.au/abriggs/atlantis for details.

      Thanks,

      Anthony

      HyPerACtIVe?! HEY, Who ArE yoU cAllInG HYPERaCTive?!
      abriggs@...
    • Sh'Arcashmo (sharky)

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 29 5:06 PM
          Sh'Arcashmo (sharky) wrote:

          > Well...
          >
          > I can help if needed, although I have little spare time and I'm just
          > back to the Atlantis projects after a looooooong time out.

          You're more than welcome to help out. As it says below I removed the last of the C code, so now's probably the time to
          start thinking about ways to improve the code and pull non-essential or modifiable stuff out.

          You can also join in on the test game if you like - any testing helps (combat, for example, hasn't seen much testing,
          neither have building and production). I haven't been running turns for it particularly regularly, mainly because I'm
          still finding a few bugs, but I'll try and get back in the habit.

          Also, if you're short of time, I find that I get better 'bang for my buck' with a language like Python as opposed to
          trying to modify the C++ Atlantis. Partly that's because Python is my language of choice, but also it's a lot hard to
          change C++ once it's written.

          Ant

          > On 8/17/07, * Anthony Briggs* <abriggs@...
          > <mailto:abriggs@...>> wrote:
          >
          > Hi All,
          >
          > I've just uploaded the latest version of PyAtlantis to the files
          > section:

          > Alternatively, you can snag the latest version of the sources from
          > SourceForge if you have subversion:
          >
          > svn co
          > https://pybem.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pybem/trunk/pyatlantis
          > <https://pybem.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pybem/trunk/pyatlantis>
          > pyatlantis
          >
          > This is the long awaited "final" no C code version before I start
          > refactoring and tidying up, so it'll be more fun from here on if anyone
          > wants to join in and help out ;)
          >
          > There's also a test game (Elderlands) going, have a look at
          > http://members.westnet.com.au/abriggs/atlantis
          > <http://members.westnet.com.au/abriggs/atlantis> for details.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Anthony
          >
          > --
          > HyPerACtIVe?! HEY, Who ArE yoU cAllInG HYPERaCTive?!
          > abriggs@... <mailto:abriggs%40westnet.com.au>
        • Sh'Arcashmo (sharky)
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 18, 2007
            Well, I had no problems when modifying the C++ code, neither, but it's true that some parts were too obscure :-)

            I'm just back from my holidays, let me landing on real life and let's see.