Re: Where can I get new Source?

  • wolfiegoth
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 3, 2005
      Thankyou so much

      --- In atlantisdev@yahoogroups.com, Max Shariy <mshariy@s...> wrote:
      > Uploaded the script.
      >

      > > Yahoo is mucking up the guest@ bit can you post it in a text file
      so
      > > its readable.
    • Jiri Klouda
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 3, 2006
        Hi,
        I was wondering if you have considered to migrate the project
        maybe under subversion. Also, it would be nice to see maybe a
        sourceforge.net project created for it, that would add a bug
        tracker and a feature request tracker and a good way to submit
        patches and a batter way to manage the project and offer new
        releases of both server and clients for download.

        It could even link this mailing list from the project page.
        What more, sf.net provides a shell access for developers so
        the newbies could just get a sf.net account and checkout the
        code and compile it under the hosted shell account, even if all
        they have is a windows machine.

        Another good feature this project could use is the compile
        farm, which lets you test the code on multiple architectures
        before releases.

        The most important thing is that this project is really mature
        by now and it could very much increase the visibility of the
        project and bring even more developers to it.

        Another idea I had was if someone would think about making a
        linux install + atlantis environment in a VMWare image that
        could be run on windows in a VMWare player?

        > cvs -d :pserver:guest@...:/data/cvs login
        > cvs -z3 -d :pserver:guest@...:/data/cvs checkout atlantis
        > cvs -d :pserver:guest@...:/data/cvs logout

        -Jiri

        --
        Jiri Klouda <jk@...>
        http://www.zg.cz/~jk
        • Enno Rehling
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 3, 2006
            Jiri Klouda wrote:
            > Hi,
            > I was wondering if you have considered to migrate the project
            > maybe under subversion. Also, it would be nice to see maybe a
            > sourceforge.net project created for it, that would add a bug
            > tracker and a feature request tracker and a good way to submit
            > patches and a batter way to manage the project and offer new
            > releases of both server and clients for download.

            I support that. I often find myself thinking I'd like to take a quick
            look at the code, and being able to browse the CVS on the web like
            sourceforge offers it, would be super. As it is now, I can never even
            remember where the darn CVS is hosted.

            Also, the miscellaneous tools like ALH could be hosted from the same
            project (sf projects can have more than product), and you don't run the
            risk of something suddenly disappearing just because the maintainer
            decides he isn't interested anymore (I've seen several of the Eressea
            clients die that way, so we've got a sourceforge project for them now).

            And lastly, you could build and host binaries there if someone wants to
            make the effort.

            There's a cvs2svn tool that imports a CVS repository into SVN and keeps
            the history, branches, annotations etc. intact that I highly recommend
            using.

            Enno.
            --
            <Gibs> When you kill 6 people in Unreal Tournament it is "MonsterKill",
            In Quake3 it is "Excellent", in Counter-Strike it is "Kicked by console"