Re: [atlantisdev] Re: Compiling Arcadia

  • radk@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 25, 2005
      Hi Bradley,

      That did solve the compile problem, but now when I run 'dadelis new', it crashes when
      trying to create city guards.

      Piotr, arcadia is probably too beta for me! I can make changes to C++ code, but I am
      not skilled enough to debug other people's code, and not really inclined to either.

      Sorry,
      Rad

      On 25 Mar 2005 at 6:01, starstrike99 wrote:

      > > Arcadia is still using the C version of i_rand rather than the
      > newer
      > > C++ version, so until I update it you have to compile i_rand as a C
      > > file first (which is probably the problem Rad had).
      >
      > Ok, just updated Arcadia to use Max's (I think, apologies if I'm
      > misdirecting credit) i_rand.cpp code, so it's now all C++.
      >
      > Bradley

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • pjtr
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 27, 2005
        The world generation problem has been fixed by now - but you are right,
        the arc4 code is and will be deep in the beta phase.
      • radk@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 27, 2005
          Hi Piotr,

          Yep, the generation code works, and I have run one turn to completion.

          I will generate the ruleset now so that I can look at what that puts out. I see a lot
          of guardsmen in the cities. I like what you have done there. It put a nice touch on
          the city guards.

          I'll play around with Arcadia for awhile, just to see what I can see. I need to learn
          about hexsides, this is different.

          Thanks,
          Rad

          On 27 Mar 2005 at 11:22, pjtr wrote:

          > The world generation problem has been fixed by now - but you are right,
          > the arc4 code is and will be deep in the beta phase.

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • starstrike99
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 28, 2005
            If you are going to use the Arcadia code, I would strongly suggest
            not starting your game until the after the end of the Arcadia
            testgame, because the code will be quite dynamic in the meantime -
            both changes for Arc IV and bugfixes. Once the testgame is done, it
            will be a lot more stable over time, with only occasional changes.

            Your main problem will be that my coding is quite game specific -
            unless you run an exact Arcadia clone, it will take more work to set
            up for another game than it would to do from the main branch of
            Atlantis code. My intention in putting it on the CVS was for coders
            to be able to take whatever bits of code they might want to add to
            the main source, rather than to use Arcadia itself as the base for a
            game.

            Bradley

            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 29, 2005
              Bradley,

              I will heed your message. I will wait until after the test game is done. I would
              prefer to run an Arcadia clone.

              Thanks,
              Rad