Re: [atlantisdev] Atlantis 5 code update

  • Jan Rietema
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2004
      Another update...

      I fixed a bug I introduced yesterday in the ItemList code :(, but also and more importantly, I finally found the bug in TownGrowth that caused settlements to constantly lose population!

      That means we can discover deeper-lying bugs in the new economy code. No really, it's probably quite raw still and some of the things have been disabled in the process of finding the cause for the above-mentioned bug. But I'm aiming at fixing it all in July :).

      Please get the new CVS version if you're working on anything.

      Jan
    • Pete Christie
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7, 2004
        Hi Ant

        --- In atlantisdev@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Briggs <abriggs@w...>
        wrote:
        [...[
        > I'd be interested to hear what people think is extraneous stuff in
        > Atlantis. I've started compiling a list, but I'll finish looking
        through
        > the code and post my TODO list first.

        I think you'll find it difficult to remove any monsters that are
        summoned or appear in lairs, but cut out the rest. Remove all except
        4 trade items. keep HORS, SWOR, CARM, LBOW, XBOW, IRON, WOOD, STON,
        GRAI, LIVE, HERB and SILV and try to remove all other items.

        The idea would be that once all these items get cut out, they only
        get added back in as additions to a config (text/ini) file.

        Once all that lot gets cut out successfully, the terrains and lairs
        could do with a trim and try to get rid of hard coded races to
        terrains, so that the races can be changed without having to edit the
        terrains and and avoid having to edit races in order to change
        terrains (iirc).

        > > So the
        > > sooner someone goes ahead who has a firm vision, the better. I
        > > believe that branching isn't such a bad idea, if the vision for
        the
        > > various branches are sufficiently different and deserving in
        their
        > > own right.
        >
        > The funny thing is that I'm doing this to reduce forking further
        down
        > the track ;) As far as vision, well I've got that - it's just
        whether I
        > can convince other people that it's a good idea.

        It IS a good idea.

        > The best way to do that is to 'shut up and show you the code' ;)

        Thats also a good idea :)

        Pete
      • dmitri6666
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 7, 2004
          > Hi all,
          >
          > after my complete absence from this list for a number of weeks
          (months?), may I surprise you with an update to the Atlantis 5 CVS,
          including (hopefully) all of the bug fixes that Bradley's posted since
          he started working with the version 5 source. Kudos to him for
          discovering these problems!

          > The list includes:

          Another possible option to include can be
          the one preventing shaft creation in starting cities
          as it gives players possibility to block shafts there
          without worrying to be killed.

          Dmitri.