RE: [atlantisdev] Game Announcement

  • Tomz Hägglund
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14, 2004
      Just curious:

      Have you done, or will you do, anything about the most obvious abuses of the
      standard rules, like balrog harvesting, assassin hell, ability to control
      more than one balrog and such?

      I'll player no matter what, but I feel these are a few of the easily
      corrected things that will make the game a lot more enjoyable, at least
      after turn 30 or so.

      /Tomaz

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 14, 2004
        >Tomz Hägglund
        >
        > Have you done, or will you do, anything about the most obvious abuses of the
        > standard rules, like balrog harvesting, assassin hell, ability to control
        > more than one balrog and such?
        there is a nice seting in the ruleset to make monster-harvesting-abuse a
        bit more difficult. I've set the variables
        MONSTER_NO_SPOILS
        and
        MONSTER_SPOILS_RECOVERY
        thous a potential balrog-harvester has to indulge a rampaging balrog for
        a few turns befor it's worthwhile to kill it for the loot ... I will not
        comment on how long I've set the time of both of the setings, the
        whould-be harvester has to find out for themself *g*

        > I'll player no matter what, but I feel these are a few of the easily
        > corrected things that will make the game a lot more enjoyable, at least
        > after turn 30 or so.
        I feel the same way :) and hope for a long lasting game! I hope I'll
        support empire-builders and discourage players who abuse the code.

        I also think, that I have a lot of newbie players on the board. many of
        them from the rpg corner of the gaming-world. so I also think I can hope
        for lot's of roleplaying above the plain orderwriting :)

        Arno
      • pjtr
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 25, 2004
          > p.s.: for whom it might be interesting, I've programmed the
          > support-scripts in perl with interfaces to pop3 and smtp. If
          somebody
          > wold like to have them just ask.

          Hello Arno!

          Yes, I would be interested to have a look at them.

          Could You upload the scripts to the Files section?

          Thanks,

          Piotr