Re: problems of Atlantis - complexity and running games

  • Alex Dribin
    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 4, 2004
      --- In atlantisdev@yahoogroups.com, "pjtr" <p42@g...> wrote:

      > Is there any Overlord Homepage / project around?

      https://sourceforge.net/projects/overlord/

      Not very active site containig Rules, Design docs and cvs with latest
      pre-alpha version)

      Alex
    • cbossel
      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 12, 2004
        --- In atlantisdev@yahoogroups.com, "pjtr" <p42@g...> wrote:
        > a) Useless Complexity
        > b) Empire Size
        > c) Lack of strategy and game balance
        > d) game atmoshere
        > e) game goal and player roles
        > -- Piotr

        Excellent post. I play Atlantis since 1.5 year now and agree with the
        5 points listed by Piotr.

        One idea about b) Empire Size: What limits Empire Size is not the
        Faction Points but the Real-Time available, as a faction can grow
        (slowly) by @work and @entertain.

        One possibility: increase the maintenance cost in Hex not used in the
        faction points (eg: where you do not trade/tax/have a mage) - that's
        it, you limit the faction size.