A crashing bug in the ATLANTIS+ code under Linux

  • JT
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2000
      I have been playing/poking with the atlantis+ source code recently, and in
      doing so found that the check function crashed under linux.

      Tracking it down, it occured because the member variables of OrdersCheck
      class got destructed, and the monthorders pointer of the dummyUnit still
      pointed to the dummyOrder member. When those got destructed (in either
      order), the orders structure would get destructed twice, and most Unix
      boxes will not like that. (Windows takes it in stride and reports no
      error even though it could potentially corrupt memory that didn't belong
      to it which is a bad thing and which is why this didn't show up when I
      tested this on Windows)

      I've included the patch file. It's possible that Larry or someone else
      has already made this fix in the Realms of Arcane code, or it's likely
      that Realms doesn't suffer from this due to being run on a Windows box.

      Either way I believe the fix to be necessary and correct.

      Patch is attached.

      --JT

      --
      [ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty. ]