Re: [atlantisdev] Re: Change of orientation for 5.0?

  • Rick C
    Message 1 of 57 , Sep 4, 2002
      From: "wacky_wizard001" <wacky_wizard001@...>

      > I don't believe rapping the north to the south is the answer. As if a
      > unit was to hit the northern boarder and then walk one hex more. It
      > would not appear anywhere near the south end of the world. It would
      > in fact still be in the north end just 180 degrees around the globe.

      Yeah, this is what I was thinking of.

      > If you really want to simulate the polar caps, then you only need to
      > add to sub levels (still part of the surface) that are circular with
      > the same diameter, as the map is wide. This way when you go of say
      > the north end. You appear at an appropriate edge of the circular map.
      > If you cross this directly you only appear half way around the same
      > north edge that you left.

      Clever idea altho it would be a bit awkward in terms of presentation as far
      as clients are concerned.
    • Max Shariy
      Message 57 of 57 , Sep 8, 2002

        >>So again, in the whole idea I can see a lot of overcomplication
        >>and no gameplay improvement.
        >>

        >So don't create any games that use the option. You've stated your

        Not being a GM, I definetely will not create any games with this option
        enabled :)

        >opinion, which I respect even though I disagree, so the only point I
        >have to settle with you is whether or not this will demand
        >"extra-painfull pain in the ass" for you. Can you yet see that this is
        >not so?

        Yes, it is not so in the case of a plane with triangular defects. But I
        meant the sphere.

        Max.