improving EARM and ESWO?

  • jegron
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2002
      Hi all,

      what do you think about improving EARM and ESWO:

      enchant armor would also improve chain armor to mithril chain (if
      enabled)

      enchant weapon would also improve battle axes to mithril battle axes
      (if enabled).

      These additional items would be checked if there are not enough swords
      or plate armors for the skill level of the casting mage.

      Georg
    • tzarg
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
        > Hi all,
        >
        > what do you think about improving EARM and ESWO:
        >
        > enchant armor would also improve chain armor to mithril chain (if
        > enabled)
        >
        > enchant weapon would also improve battle axes to mithril battle axes
        > (if enabled).
        >
        > These additional items would be checked if there are not enough
        > swords or plate armors for the skill level of the casting mage.
        >
        > Georg

        That should be easy enough to do. I did it in BlitzGame for ESWO,
        where battle axes and mithril axes are available. JT, you could
        probably nick some of that code if you feel so inclined.

        Cheers,
        Tom
      • tmartel_99
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2002
          --- In atlantisdev@y..., "jegron" <jegron@h...> wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > what do you think about improving EARM and ESWO:
          >
          > enchant armor would also improve chain armor to mithril chain (if
          > enabled)
          >
          > enchant weapon would also improve battle axes to mithril battle axes
          > (if enabled).

          Sounds cool, but it would make Trade factions even more unnecessary
          than they are now. Why bother looking for mithril at all? A trade
          faction needs ARMO-5 (15 turns) and MINI-3 (6 turns) to make MARM,
          but a mage needs just EARM-1 (5 turns) and can buy the CARM in a
          market. Heck, if my ally was a trade faction and already had a
          source of mithril, I'd still ask him to switch to a mage faction and
          simply enchant the stuff - its so much quicker and easier.

          Unless of course, you make the CAST order into a month-long order...