[atlantisdev] Probably bad data in gamedata.cpp

  • EAP
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2002
      Hi, All.

      Probably about it it was already spoken.
      I notice some mistakes in gamedata.txt:

      1) "super bow" and "shortbow" has equal abbr: "SBOW"
      2) Some items has bad plural names:
      {"mithril chain armor","mithril chain armor","MCAR",
      {"highlander","highlander","HILA",
      {"lizardman","lizardmen","LIZA",

      These are mistakes?

      Good luck, Evgeny Pashkin.
    • JT
      • David Fencsik
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2002
          > > 1) "super bow" and "shortbow" has equal abbr: "SBOW"
          >
          > Yes.. these are mistakes. I'll figure out a new abbreviation for shortbow
          > (it was added for Ceran)

          In Ceran II, shortbow is SHBO.
        • JT
          • tzarg
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 7, 2002
              > > 2) Some items has bad plural names:
              > > {"mithril chain armor","mithril chain armor","MCAR",
              >
              > No.. Armor is both a singular and plural noun, or at least I'm
              > fairly sure it is.
              > 1 suit of armor, 2 suits of armor.

              You are correct.

              Some would say it should be "armour" in Oxford English, but I believe
              we're using MicroSoft US English (or is that SAE?).

              However, if I look at one of my recent Wyreth reports, I see this
              error: "6 improved mithril armors [IMTH]". I trust it is fixed in the
              latest version. Also, for consistency, [IMTH] should probably be
              [IMAR].

              > > {"highlander","highlander","HILA",
              >
              > This should probably be highlanders.

              Highländer? :-)