CFP - Parody and Satire: Garrick and the Eighteenth-Century Stage

  • naomi stubbs
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 6, 2007
      Dear all

      I am putting together a panel called "Parody and Satire: Garrick and the Eighteenth-Century Stage" for the Southeastern American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies conference in February, and I'm still looking for a third and final paper. The focus is on David Garrick's involvement with satire (as performer, as writer, and/or as object of parody) and I am aiming for an interdisciplinary panel. Currently, we have a paper on the textual history of Garrick's first satire, and another on Foote's parody of Garrick's "Jubilee." Please sent an abstract by September 28th to naomi_stubbs@....

      Details of the conference and CFPs for other panels can be found at the link below.

      http://www.auburn.edu/academic/societies/seasecs/

      Many thanks

      Naomi Stubbs
      Graduate Center, CUNY

    • ara_beal
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 29, 2007
        So far, the following have contacted me about this panel:

        Marla Carlson
        Liz Mullenix
        Rachel Tracie
        Karin Maresh
        Marijean Levering

        We could still use a few more people. If you'd like to put in your
        two cents about why one should or shouldn't use a theatre history
        textbook, please let me know!

        I could still use someone excited about Brockett. . .

        Thanks!
        Ara Beal
        bealag@...