Sad news

  • mulcher4
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2007
      Some of you may recall that our outgoing chair, Bruce Kirle, was unable
      to attend our business meeting in New Orleans because of illness.

      I am sorry to report that I received an e-mail this afternoon that
      Bruce died of a heart attack this morning in New York.

      Bruce was dedicated to his work, including to ATHE and to the THFG, and
      was a good friend to many of us. To say that he will be missed seems
      hardly adequate.

      I know no further details at this point: I expect a more complete
      announcement will be forthcoming on ATHENEWS or through some other
      appropriate venue.

      Rick Jones
      TH Focus Group Rep
    • ecawns
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2007
        I was shocked by the news about Bruce. My best memories are from last
        year's ATHE, when, after the "birthday" party at the Palmer House, he
        stayed at the piano playing Porter, Gershwin and Rodgers. I drifted
        over and soon I was sitting with a glass of champagne, singing
        wonderful classic music while Bruce fed me lines and transposed the
        accompaniment to fit my range. He was also wonderfully supportive of
        the 3-panel series several of us created for ATHE this year - I wish
        he'd been able to attend one of the sessions. He will be missed so
        much.

        Elizabeth Cawns
        LSU