Theatre History Focus Group at ATHE/AATE in NYC

  • Brino-Dean, Terry
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2009

      Colleagues:

      In advance of our annual conference in New York, now just two weeks away, I wanted to send a list of the conference sessions sponsored by our Theatre History Focus Group, as well as multi-disciplinary sessions that we are co-sponsoring with other groups.  I’m also including the day/time and location of each session.  You’ll want to check your program book once you arrive at the conference in case there are some changes, but the following should be fairly accurate:

      Risky (Show) Business: On Broadway, On Stage, On Tour: American Theatre in the 1980s, Sunday, August 9, 1:45 – 3:15 PM, Gilbert – 4th Floor

      Write More – Write Better, Sunday, August 9, 5:30 – 7:00 PM, O’Neill – 4th Floor

      Theatre History Debut Panel, Monday, August 10, 8:00 – 9:30 AM, Imperial – 5th Floor

      The Living Theatre in New York:  Current Living Theatre Members Discuss Their Work, Monday, August 10, 9:45 – 11:15 AM, Wilder – 4th Floor

      Warzone Theatre:  Political Art in Times of Crisis, Monday, August 10, 3:45 – 5:15 PM, Ziegfeld – 4th Floor

      Put It In the Scrapbook:  A One Man Show about the Life and Career of Julian Eltinge, Tuesday, August 11, 8:00 – 9:30 AM, Westside Salon 1 – 5th Floor

      Images of Women in Theatre:  How Academic Study of Theatre History Leads to Original Performance Work, Innovative Teaching Resources and Applied Theatre, Tuesday, August 11, 9:45 – 11:15 AM, Barrymore – 9th Floor

      Theatre History Membership Meeting, Tuesday, August 11, 11:30 – 1:00 PM, Edison – 5th Floor

      The Stage of the Field of Performance:  Historiography, Performance and Early Modern Philosophy, Tuesday, August 11, 1:45 – 3:15 PM, Columbia – 7th Floor

      Of course, I want to particularly encourage people to attend our Debut Panel.  It is at a, well, challenging day/time this year – Monday morning at 8:00 AM – but we always have a nice turnout to support the work of our emerging scholars, so I hope everyone attending the conference will try to make it a priority to be there.

      And as always I want to urge everyone to attend our annual membership gathering on Tuesday at 11:30.  This is the best way for us to re-connect as a group and discuss our agenda for the upcoming year.  As usual we will be holding our officer elections as well.  Please consider serving… if you are interested in taking on a position just let me know and I’ll pass your name on to our Nomination Committee.

      I look forward to seeing you all in New York in a couple weeks!  Safe travels!

      Best,

      Terry Brino-Dean

      Chair, Theatre History Focus Group

      *********************************