what should I do?

  • ethicalnihilism
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8 6:55 PM
      What should I do when my daughter cries unabated at night before
      eventually going to sleep? The pediatrician says to ignore her. My
      mother says to ignore her. However, they do not HERE her. I mean,
      seriously, there are times when children should be ignored to teach
      them a lesson or just to catch some peacful breath, but what happens
      when that crying can last a very long time and involves scrieching (if
      I spelled that right)? I am at odds and am finding it rather difficult
      to cope with this. I would very much appreciate any helpful insight.
    • Chromatech1
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10 8:00 AM
        Mine did too. Let'm cry for 15 min. and after that,
        check in on her.
        How old is she? Does she have a night light? Can she
        talk about it?
        We used to put them in our bed, or lay down with them
        until they went to sleep...It's tough but, it get's
        easier as time passes.

        JohnE

        http://mail.yahoo.com