New to group

  • Benjamin Pierce
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2005
      Hello, I am a father of 2 beautiful girls (age 7 and 8) and am an
      atheist. I joined because I have decided that it is time to talk to my
      children about religion and atheism and to let them know about mine and
      my wife's atheism so that they can be more informed.

      We have not discussed religion much because we did not want to push
      them in any direction, but let them make up their own minds. Recently,
      thought, My mother has been taking them to church on sunday mornings
      and since they are only getting one side of the story, I wanted to give
      them another side.
    • Chromatech1
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2005
        It's been a long time since I've read anythink on this
        forum...

        Similar to your situation, my wife and I had decided
        on a Unitarian Universalist church (UU). We didn't
        feel comfortable letting any other family member
        control the introduction of one particular
        religion,and potentially miss those priceless
        opportunities to explain what they have experienced.
        Who knows if it matters either way... I guess we'll
        see.

        John Schwartz

        --- Benjamin Pierce <bpierce815@...> wrote:

        > Hello, I am a father of 2 beautiful girls (age 7
        > and 8) and am an
        > atheist. I joined because I have decided that it is
        > time to talk to my
        > children about religion and atheism and to let them
        > know about mine and
        > my wife's atheism so that they can be more informed.
        >

        > We have not discussed religion much because we did
        > not want to push
        > them in any direction, but let them make up their
        > own minds. Recently,
        > thought, My mother has been taking them to church on
        > sunday mornings
        > and since they are only getting one side of the
        > story, I wanted to give
        > them another side.

        Yahoo! Mail Mobile
        http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail