Re: [ateneolaw2009] Thesis Topics.

  • Juancho Hernandez
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 10, 2007
      I think that all the thesis topics should be coursed in one thread lang with one subject... say "Thesis reservation" of course this will be hard since a lot of people have posted their topics already. I agree with Ipe tho it doesn't mean though that if someone is using a topic others cant use it as well... i think its the issue that is more important to consider.

      example i think Ana D, Joy T. and i are all using the "Milk Code" for a thesis topic. I talked with Ana D na she doesnt have an issue yet so i told her i'm taking the aspect on the constitutionality of the IRR in light of treaty obligations. It doesnt mean that there are no other issues in the milk code aside from that. don't know what Joy T is doing...

      On 7/10/07, Philip Closa <ipe_closa@...> wrote:

      Suggestion: May the posting of the selected thesis topics of everyone be sent thru email and posted in a conspicuous place such as the bulletin boards in the classroom and SC bulletin board (since this is a batch rep proposed project ata, hahaha) - reason: not everyone can check their email regularly......

      As for "reserving" the topics, how about start within the class and make a tentative list of the topic of each student? Then compare with the other class' list of topics to see if there are any similar topics....As for in case may nagkapareho,

      A. jack en poy, (hahaha)
      B. pwede mag-usap sila para malaman kung what issue or framework ang gagawin nila..pwede naman ata na magkapareho ang topic pero ibang perspective/"attack" on the issue
      C. Usap sila kung sino magbibigay / sacrifice

      anyway, kinda scared na rin ako kasi marami na ang nakaka-isip ng topic nila

      :)

      Tricia Cervantes <mprcervantes@yahoo.com> wrote:
      Hello Batchmates!

      Una sa lahat, nakakaloka kayo. I have to feed off your
      thesis enthusiasm. Hindi ko nga naisip na malapit na
      pala yung deadline nung topic until nabasa ko sa email
      ni Ipe! Heehee. So let that be a reminder to all!
      Thesis topic by midterms. :)

      I do sincerely apologize for not releasing the list of
      past topics earlier. We're currently in the middle of
      sorting them into subject-categories, but since I
      expect this to go on till early next week, I'll just
      forward the non-sorted database first, so you guys can
      already go through it. Pahabol nalang yung sorted
      list. :) (Sorry talaga, yung deadline kasi namin for
      that July 17 pa, so I was kinda pacing myself towards
      that date...;))

      Hmm. We really do need to come up with a systematic
      way of "reserving" topics. Any suggestions? I took
      note of those who posted their proposed topics anyway.
      Please inform your friends to check their email
      regularly, in case we do decide that this yahoogroup
      posting will be the most efficient way to go about
      this.

      Good luck with us all, and I'll try to get the topic
      sorting done by this weekend.

      Sincerely,
      Tricia Cervantes :)

      " I would like to see my own ignorance wither into enlightenment "

      ~Juancho

      "It is good to have an end to journey towards,
      but it is the JOURNEY that matters, in the end."
    • PLDT FOA-Joy Tajan
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 11, 2007
        Hi, this is Joy T. My topic isn't the Milk Code but the Breastfeeding Bill. If I discuss the Milk Code, it will just be a part of the discussion but the focus will not be on that.

        Joy T.

        Civilization means slavery, wars, exploitation, and death camps. It also means medical hygiene, elevated religious ideas, beautiful art, and exquisite music. It is an error to imagine that civilization and savage cruelty are antithesis... In our times the cruelties, like most other aspects of our world, have become far more effectively administered than ever before. They have not and will not cease to exist. Both creation and destruction are inseparable aspects of what we call civilization.
        - Zygmunt Baumann, Modernity and the Holocaust

        ________________________________

        Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7 <http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7>

        Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48518/*http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/;_ylc=X3oDMTE3NWsyMDd2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDY2FyLWZpbmRlcg--+>

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 11, 2007
            sorry for the multiple emails, batchmates.

            i was just informed that there might've been a thesis on organ commercialization already. in light of this, my other topic is on REFORMING THE POLITICAL PARTY SYSTEM / PENALIZING POLITICAL TURNCOATISM.

            these are broad topics, so if anyone would like to do something related / similar, let's discuss it.

            again, good day.

            - arianne jimenez, 3a.

          • nicole cabantog
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 11, 2007

               nakuha ko sa labor class namin kanina... labor laws for the non-profit sector. [are volunteers really volunteers or can they be considered employees?]

              madrid 3A

              Building a website is a piece of cake.
            • nicole cabantog
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 11, 2007

                thesis topic ni madrid 3C

                whether or not foreign insurance companies can transact business in the philippines through off shore trust entities in behalf of filipino residents/
                [off shore trust entities are the policy holders while the filipino residents are the beneficiaries of such policies]

                Building a website is a piece of cake.

              • Tricia Cervantes
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 11, 2007
                  Dear Batchmates:

                  1. I'm currently putting all your emailed topics together in a list. I will release the initial database this weekend (most likely Sunday morning). Please keep emailing your thesis topics because it's the quickest way for me to update the database. I check my email everyday. Some of you might opt to text your topics to me, kung wala kayong access sa internet. 0917.5208989.

                  2. I will send updated versions of the database through this egroup every Sunday morning. I will upload it in the FILES section AND attach it to my email since those on digest mode are unable to open attachments, tapos yung iba hindi marunong pumunta sa Files section, hehe.

                  3. I've also asked for space in the SC bulletin board (as previously suggested) so that I can post a hard copy of the database. That list, however, will only be updated every 2-3 weeks (let's be friendly to the environment, wag tayo masyado gumastos sa papel...).

                  4. You are also free to ask for a soft copy of the database from me. Please make sure that your jump drive/USB is free from any kind of virus. My class sked: M 5-9 Veritas, Tu 5-9 Rm 315, We 12-2 Rm 313 and 5-9 Rm 311, Thu 5-8 Veritas, Fr 1-3 Rm 309, Sa 2-3 Rm 311. During my spare time, you can find me at the Palladium Editing Office Rm 307.

                  5. I will also send the database of past thesis topics sorted by subject matter on July 17, Tuesday.

                  6. Kung meron kayong kapareho ng topic, please discuss and compromise. :)

                  Thank you, and good luck everyone!

                  Sincerely,
                  Tricia Cervantes
                  Your SC 2007-2008

                  Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
                • Alberto Pamintuan
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 12, 2007
                    May i suggest to those planning on posting their thesis topics to email them either to Tricia's email or just keep replying to this same thread instead of posting individual messages and flooding our Inbox. Thanks for the consideration.

                  • kristine margret malang
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 12, 2007
                      hi batchmates!!!

                      Naealla Bainto --- Debt Servicing
                      Margret Malang --- JPEPA

                      nicole cabantog <nicoy_09@...> wrote:

                       nakuha ko sa labor class namin kanina... labor laws for the non-profit sector. [are volunteers really volunteers or can they be considered employees?]

                      madrid 3A

                      Building a website is a piece of cake.

                      Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                    • nyala Bainto
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 13, 2007
                        hi batchmates!
                        for my topic...
                        1.  Debt servicing - the possibility of condonation
                        2.  Requiring higher educational attainment for people in Congress and Senate, the Vice-president and the President, rather than just being able to read and write.
                        3.  On Political Dynasties...perhaps, the right of each and everyone (not disqualified by law) to seek public office.

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 19, 2007
                            Thesis topics

                            1. setting the limits for executive clemency
                            2. vagueness of the term "free prior and informed consent" in IPRA
                            3. sustainable mining (but i'm not sure which aspect yet, probably
                            more on the environmental effects)
                          • tricia roque
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 19, 2007
                              Thesis Topics: