We need your help to make kids happy :)

  • Tricia Cervantes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3 6:29 PM
      Dear Batchmates,

      Before anything else, I'd like to thank everyone who supported the Back to School Party last June 23 at Alchemy: from the people who allowed themselves to be badgered by yours truly into buying tickets, to those who went the extra mile and helped me sell more tickets (and looked for sponsors pa!!!), to those who willingly participated in the program (models, models!), and to those especially, who at first said that big parties aren't their thing but showed up on the night itself to welcome the freshies!!! It was super nice to see everyone dressed up, umeffort talaga!!!

      Thank you everyone, and I hope you all enjoyed the party! I know I did, kahit earlier during the night uminit yung ulo ko sa DAMI ng WORK!!! As in exagg! Hindi namin inexpect na ganun kadami yung darating!  As in!!! Napansin naman siguro ninyo na HINDI NA AKO NAKAPAGBIHIS because we had to attend to so many people. Pero kahit mukha akong basura next to all of you, I really did enjoy the night! You guys are the best.

      BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!! The back to school festivities don't end in that one, big, bongga party!

      Last year, we had a back to school party for the children of the APS Staff. If I remember correctly, we had a kiddie party of sorts in the open space outside LSAC. I know a lot of you were there to spread cheer and glee to the children! But this year, we're taking it a notch higher! (NAKS!!!)

      On July 21, Saturday we're taking the children of the APS Staff to Avilon Zoo in Montalban (Rizal-ish, Antipolo-ish area...). I've heard really GRRREAT reviews about this zoo, as in they have more than just a malnourished giraffe and a dehydrated elephant! The place is filled with lush flora and teeming with fauna! (Napulot ko pa yan sa website ha...)

      So how do we go about this? Target schedule is from 8am-4pm. That includes the 3-hour zoo tour, lunch break and the travel time from Rockwell to Montalban. We have several committees: Promotions, Logistics, Solicitations (SUPER IMPORTANT!!! As usual...hehe...), Give-Aways, and Documentation. You can volunteer for any! Super welcome kayo lahat! And of course, super welcome kayo to show up on the day itself to be with the kiddies and to see the lush flora and fauna!

      Of course we have to raise funds for the give aways, transpo costs, entrance fees and lunch. WE NEED YOU (and your sponsors!). Kahit pa-20 or 50 pesos lang! Please please. Let's make these children happy!!!

      SOOOOO...if you want to volunteer for any of the committees, please contact Vina at 0921.8157198 at kung may donations or sponsors kayo (pleaaaase...), text me at 0917.5208979 and I can pick up your generous donation from your room or study spot! Let me know din if you're interested to go on the day itself.

      I hope you guys support this project as much as you did the last. Thank you Batchmates and good luck sa mga terror profs!!! Yowzaaa!

      Sincerely,
      Tricia and the Back to School for the Kids Team

      Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
    • Eunice MOnsod
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4 4:36 AM
        Patring!!!! I really, really, really wanna go dahil ang favorite thing ko sa mundo ay KIDS! But no... {drumroll please!} I have class ng 4-5. So there... sadness. Kung sure na sure na makakabalik tayo ng 4 sa school, go sago ako. =D Sorry, di ko napigilan magreply kahit na mas convenient kung sasabihin ko na lang in person or itext ko na langkayo ni Vins kasi nga... KIDS. At I'm sure nandun un cute na cute na anak ni Kuya Nino na inalagaan ko last year....

        Excited na ako.

        "Why do I keep hittin' my head with a hammer? Because it feels so good when i stop."
        The Law and Economics of Lust, Love and Life...

        Eunice Monsod
        +639194543538

        Got a little couch potato?