SC LETTER RE CAFETERIA

  • Ateneo Law Student Council
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2007

      June 26, 2008

      Atty. Cesar Villanueva

      Dean

      Ateneo Law School

      Greetings.

      In behalf of the whole student body, I would like to bring to your attention unsanitary incidents that befall our cafeteria recently.

      The first time such an occurrence happened was a few months ago: a small cockroach was found served in the plate of one of our students.  Because of this, the student council decided to approach the canteen owner, to seek her commitment that a similar incident should not happen again, and to ask that appropriate corrective measures must be immediately undertaken.  We were then of the belief that such was an isolated incident, and a stern reminder/warning to a fellow member of the Ateneo community would be sufficient.  In that dialogue, the canteen owner promised that there would be no repetition of that incident, and corrective measures would be undertaken.

      But sadly, such a similar incident had to happen again.  Just recently, another student, Mr. Jay Santiago of 4C found parasites served in his meal.  I have personally asked him to draft a written complaint.  I have attached that written complaint with this letter.

      This has got to stop.  We ask the assistance of  the law school administration to do the appropriate measures to ensure the health of the students will not be compromised.  Presently, the students already fear eating in the cafeteria, due to possible adverse effects on their health.

      Thank you so much for your help on this very important matter.

      Very respectfully,

      Rafael Vicente R. Calinisan

      President

      Ateneo Law Student Council