IMPT: VOLUNTEER FOR CLEAN ELECTIONS (Training this Thursday)

  • Rafael Calinisan
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 12:35 AM

      Dear All,

      The credibility of the past national elections was put in question because of the alleged wholesale cheating that happened during its canvassing stage.  Because of this, well meaning organizations which include the Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP), NAMFREL, the CBCP, NASSA, One Voice, PPCRV, and the Ateneo Law and UP Law Student Councils have banded together to form a non-partisan organization to safeguard our votes:  The Legal Network for Truthful Elections (LENTE).

      LENTE is the FIRST nationwide network of lawyers, law students, paralegals and other trained volunteers engaged in election monitoring work.  It primarily has two tasks:
          o To monitor the canvassing of tallied votes in cities, municipalities and provinces around the country, and;
          o To provide legal services to members of the Network during the election period.

      We are in need of volunteers to accomplish this dream of ours to have clean and truthful elections.  We are seeking your help in looking for volunteers in your respective areas of influence.  Said volunteers will be trained in election law by the pillars in the field.

      The training will be held this Thursday, May 3, in the IBP premises along Julia Vargas in Ortigas Center from 1 to 5 PM.  For any question, you can get in touch with me using my mobile number listed below.

      Hope you can join us towards this higher purpose for our motherland.

      Very respectfully,

      Rafael Vicente R. Calinisan
      President, Ateneo Law Student Council
      Operations and Mobilization, LENTE