BOOKS TO PRIORITIZE

  • Ma. Venarisse Verga
    Message 1 of 14 , May 8, 2005
      Books that you need to buy now:

      1. Fr. Bernas' Constitutional Law Primer
      2. Revised Penal Code Book 1 by Reyes

      Books you can buy although we are not 100% sure that they will be the ones required by the professor.

      1.  Constitutional Law (Green Book) by Fr. Bernas
      2.  Persons and Family Relations by Atty Mel. Sta Maria

      Other books:
      1.  Constitutional Law Notes and Cases (Fr. Bernas) -- buy this only if required by the professor.
      2. Statutory Construction by Agpalo -- buy this only if required by professor.  But if you're under Fr. Ferrer, have it photocopied na lang or use reviewers from 1A (batch 2008) -- text me if you need the  reviewer.

      ** the first four books are the basic ones.. almost all professors use them.  I would suggest you buy all four whether you're in the evening or afternoon sked.

      Guys, we are merely suggesting that you start reading now.. it is not mandatory.  If you still want to enjoy your summer.. then please do.

      We also suggest you go to Mang Nats to get the prices of these books..

      Just approach any ORSEM committee member if you have other questions. we are in school every mondays, 2PM onwards at the LSAC (law school activity center, ground floor).

      vena

      Yahoo! Mail
    • Dennis Barrion
      Message 2 of 14 , May 8, 2005
        hello...

        can you update your records, i have a new number
        09164380612

        thank you so much ms vena.

        looking forward to meeting you guys in the ORSEM

        -Dennis Barrion
        PM sked.
        --- "Ma. Venarisse Verga" <verga_vena@...>
        wrote:
        > Books that you need to buy now:
        >
        > 1. Fr. Bernas' Constitutional Law Primer
        > 2. Revised Penal Code Book 1 by Reyes
        >
        > Books you can buy although we are not 100% sure that
        > they will be the ones required by the professor.
        >
        > 1. Constitutional Law (Green Book) by Fr. Bernas
        > 2. Persons and Family Relations by Atty Mel. Sta
        > Maria
        >
        > Other books:
        > 1. Constitutional Law Notes and Cases (Fr. Bernas)
        > -- buy this only if required by the professor.
        > 2. Statutory Construction by Agpalo -- buy this only
        > if required by professor. But if you're under Fr.
        > Ferrer, have it photocopied na lang or use reviewers
        > from 1A (batch 2008) -- text me if you need the
        > reviewer.
        >
        > ** the first four books are the basic ones.. almost
        > all professors use them. I would suggest you buy
        > all four whether you're in the evening or afternoon
        > sked.
        >
        > Guys, we are merely suggesting that you start
        > reading now.. it is not mandatory. If you still
        > want to enjoy your summer.. then please do.
        >
        > We also suggest you go to Mang Nats to get the
        > prices of these books..
        >
        > Just approach any ORSEM committee member if you have
        > other questions. we are in school every mondays, 2PM
        > onwards at the LSAC (law school activity center,
        > ground floor).
        >
        > vena
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Yahoo! Mail
        > Stay connected, organized, and protected. Take the tour

        ****************************
        if LOOKS could KILL....

        then I'm a MURDERER!!!!

        ****************************

        Discover Yahoo!
        http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html
      • tristan arnesto
        Message 3 of 14 , May 8, 2005
          hello..
          i also have a new number
          09225097422
          =) thanx

          Message 4 of 14 , May 8, 2005

            wrote:
            > Books that you need to buy now:

            > 1. Fr. Bernas' Constitutional Law Primer
            > 2. Revised Penal Code Book 1 by Reyes

            > Books you can buy although we are not 100% sure that
            > they will be the ones required by the professor.

            > 1.  Constitutional Law (Green Book) by Fr. Bernas
            > 2.  Persons and Family Relations by Atty Mel. Sta
            > Maria

            > Other books:
            > 1.  Constitutional Law Notes and Cases (Fr. Bernas)
            > -- buy this only if required by the professor.
            > 2. Statutory Construction by Agpalo -- buy this only
            > if required by professor.  But if you're under Fr.
            > Ferrer, have it photocopied na lang or use reviewers
            > from 1A (batch 2008) -- text me if you need the
            > reviewer.

            > ** the first four books are the basic ones.. almost
            > all professors use them.  I would suggest you buy
            > all four whether you're in the evening or afternoon
            > sked.

            > Guys, we are merely suggesting that you start
            > reading now.. it is not mandatory.  If you still
            > want to enjoy your summer.. then please do.

            > We also suggest you go to Mang Nats to get the
            > prices of these books..

            > Just approach any ORSEM committee member if you have
            > other questions. we are in school every mondays, 2PM
            > onwards at the LSAC (law school activity center,
            > ground floor).

            > vena
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > Yahoo! Mail
            >  Stay connected, organized, and protected. Take the tour

            ****************************
            if LOOKS could KILL....

            then I'm a MURDERER!!!!

            ****************************

            Discover Yahoo!
            http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html

          • yya juliano
            Message 5 of 14 , May 9, 2005
              hi vena,
              just to clarify: what are the editions/year published of these buks?or
              should we just look for the latest edition?

              thanks agen!

              On 5/8/05, Ma. Venarisse Verga <verga_vena@...> wrote:
              > Books that you need to buy now:
              >
              > 1. Fr. Bernas' Constitutional Law Primer
              > 2. Revised Penal Code Book 1 by Reyes
              >
              > Books you can buy although we are not 100% sure that they will be the ones
              > required by the professor.
              >
              > 1. Constitutional Law (Green Book) by Fr. Bernas
              > 2. Persons and Family Relations by Atty Mel. Sta Maria
              >
              > Other books:
              > 1. Constitutional Law Notes and Cases (Fr. Bernas) -- buy this only if
              > required by the professor.
              > 2. Statutory Construction by Agpalo -- buy this only if required by
              > professor. But if you're under Fr. Ferrer, have it photocopied na lang or
              > use reviewers from 1A (batch 2008) -- text me if you need the reviewer.
              >
              > ** the first four books are the basic ones.. almost all professors use them.
              > I would suggest you buy all four whether you're in the evening or afternoon
              > sked.
              >
              > Guys, we are merely suggesting that you start reading now.. it is not
              > mandatory. If you still want to enjoy your summer.. then please do.
              >
              > We also suggest you go to Mang Nats to get the prices of these books..
              >
              > Just approach any ORSEM committee member if you have other questions. we are
              > in school every mondays, 2PM onwards at the LSAC (law school activity
              > center, ground floor).
              >
              > vena

            • Ma. Venarisse Verga
              Message 6 of 14 , May 10, 2005
                always look for the latest edition.. and go to mang nats para you're sure.

                yya juliano <yya.juliano@...> wrote:
                hi vena,
                just to clarify: what are the editions/year published of these buks?or
                should we just look for the latest edition?

                thanks agen!

                On 5/8/05, Ma. Venarisse Verga <verga_vena@...> wrote:
                > Books that you need to buy now:

                > 1. Fr. Bernas' Constitutional Law Primer
                > 2. Revised Penal Code Book 1 by Reyes

                > Books you can buy although we are not 100% sure that they will be the ones
                > required by the professor.

                > 1.  Constitutional Law (Green Book) by Fr. Bernas
                > 2.  Persons and Family Relations by Atty Mel. Sta Maria

                > Other books:
                > 1.  Constitutional Law Notes and Cases (Fr. Bernas) -- buy this only if
                > required by the professor.
                > 2. Statutory Construction by Agpalo -- buy this only if required by
                > professor.  But if you're under Fr. Ferrer, have it photocopied na lang or
                > use reviewers from 1A (batch 2008) -- text me if you need the  reviewer.

                > ** the first four books are the basic ones.. almost all professors use them.
                >  I would suggest you buy all four whether you're in the evening or afternoon
                > sked.

                > Guys, we are merely suggesting that you start reading now.. it is not
                > mandatory.  If you still want to enjoy your summer.. then please do.

                > We also suggest you go to Mang Nats to get the prices of these books..

                > Just approach any ORSEM committee member if you have other questions. we are
                > in school every mondays, 2PM onwards at the LSAC (law school activity
                > center, ground floor).

                > vena

                Do you Yahoo!?
                Make Yahoo! your home page
              • minskich
                Message 7 of 14 , May 14, 2005
                  Hello everyone...just in case merong iba pa na lost tulad ko
                  (heheh), i hope this helps...

                  Pricelist:
                  Fr. Bernas' Constitutional Law Primer 2002 edition - P636.00
                  Revised Penal Code Book 1 by Atty. Luis Reyes 2001 edition - P1,
                  116.00
                  Constitutional Law (Green Book) by Fr. Bernas 2003 edition - P1,
                  556.00
                  Persons and Family Relations by Atty Mel. Sta Maria - out of stock
                  sa recto branch. hindi ako nakapagtanong kay mang nats sa rockwell,
                  but i suppose the prices are all the same...

                  Enjoy summer! Or what's left of it. =)

                  --- In ateneolaw2009@yahoogroups.com, "Ma. Venarisse Verga"
                  <verga_vena@y...> wrote:
                  > always look for the latest edition.. and go to mang nats para
                  you're sure.

                  > yya juliano <yya.juliano@g...> wrote:hi vena,
                  > just to clarify: what are the editions/year published of these
                  buks?or
                  > should we just look for the latest edition?
                  >
                  > thanks agen!
                  >
                  > On 5/8/05, Ma. Venarisse Verga <verga_vena@y...> wrote:
                  > > Books that you need to buy now:
                  > >
                  > > 1. Fr. Bernas' Constitutional Law Primer
                  > > 2. Revised Penal Code Book 1 by Reyes
                  > >
                  > > Books you can buy although we are not 100% sure that they will
                  be the ones
                  > > required by the professor.
                  > >
                  > > 1. Constitutional Law (Green Book) by Fr. Bernas
                  > > 2. Persons and Family Relations by Atty Mel. Sta Maria
                  > >
                  > > Other books:
                  > > 1. Constitutional Law Notes and Cases (Fr. Bernas) -- buy this
                  only if
                  > > required by the professor.
                  > > 2. Statutory Construction by Agpalo -- buy this only if required
                  by
                  > > professor. But if you're under Fr. Ferrer, have it photocopied
                  na lang or
                  > > use reviewers from 1A (batch 2008) -- text me if you need the
                  reviewer.

                  > > ** the first four books are the basic ones.. almost all
                  professors use them.
                  > > I would suggest you buy all four whether you're in the evening
                  or afternoon
                  > > sked.
                  > >
                  > > Guys, we are merely suggesting that you start reading now.. it
                  is not
                  > > mandatory. If you still want to enjoy your summer.. then please
                  do.

                  > > We also suggest you go to Mang Nats to get the prices of these
                  books..

                  > > Just approach any ORSEM committee member if you have other
                  questions. we are
                  > > in school every mondays, 2PM onwards at the LSAC (law school
                  activity
                  > > center, ground floor).
                  > >
                  > > vena

                  Service.

                  Service.

                  > Make Yahoo! your home page
                • chiara gutierrez
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 14, 2005
                    Hi!  Thanks for the info on the prices... appreciate it.

                    Hi Vena, i noticed you are THE expert on anything...  guess we're  lucky ur here!  Just want to ask if the bookstore is open on sundays.. many thanks, for all the info you are sharing with us!

                    -chiara

                    <verga_vena@y...> wrote:
                    > always look for the latest edition.. and go to mang nats para
                    you're sure.

                    > yya juliano <yya.juliano@g...> wrote:hi vena,
                    > just to clarify: what are the editions/year published of these
                    buks?or
                    > should we just look for the latest edition?
                    >
                    > thanks agen!
                    >
                    > On 5/8/05, Ma. Venarisse Verga <verga_vena@y...> wrote:
                    > > Books that you need to buy now:
                    > >
                    > > 1. Fr. Bernas' Constitutional Law Primer
                    > > 2. Revised Penal Code Book 1 by Reyes
                    > >
                    > > Books you can buy although we are not 100% sure that they will
                    be the ones
                    > > required by the professor.
                    > >
                    > > 1.  Constitutional Law (Green Book) by Fr. Bernas
                    > > 2.  Persons and Family Relations by Atty Mel. Sta Maria
                    > >
                    > > Other books:
                    > > 1.  Constitutional Law Notes and Cases (Fr. Bernas) -- buy this
                    only if
                    > > required by the professor.
                    > > 2. Statutory Construction by Agpalo -- buy this only if required
                    by
                    > > professor.  But if you're under Fr. Ferrer, have it photocopied
                    na lang or
                    > > use reviewers from 1A (batch 2008) -- text me if you need the
                    reviewer.

                    > > ** the first four books are the basic ones.. almost all
                    professors use them.
                    > >  I would suggest you buy all four whether you're in the evening
                    or afternoon
                    > > sked.
                    > >
                    > > Guys, we are merely suggesting that you start reading now.. it
                    is not
                    > > mandatory.  If you still want to enjoy your summer.. then please
                    do.

                    > > We also suggest you go to Mang Nats to get the prices of these
                    books..

                    > > Just approach any ORSEM committee member if you have other
                    questions. we are
                    > > in school every mondays, 2PM onwards at the LSAC (law school
                    activity
                    > > center, ground floor).
                    > >
                    > > vena

                    Service.

                    Service.

                    >  Make Yahoo! your home page

                  • Ma. Venarisse Verga
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 14, 2005

                      Hi Chiara, the recto branch is open on sundays.. Mang Nats however is open only from Mondays to Saturdays, around 10:00 am to 6:00 pm

                      Mina!! thanks for posting the price list...

                      See you all on June 1 and 2!!!!

                      Vena

                      <verga_vena@y...> wrote:
                      > always look for the latest edition.. and go to mang nats para
                      you're sure.

                      > yya juliano <yya.juliano@g...> wrote:hi vena,
                      > just to clarify: what are the editions/year published of these
                      buks?or
                      > should we just look for the latest edition?
                      >
                      > thanks agen!
                      >
                      > On 5/8/05, Ma. Venarisse Verga <verga_vena@y...> wrote:
                      > > Books that you need to buy now:
                      > >
                      > > 1. Fr. Bernas' Constitutional Law Primer
                      > > 2. Revised Penal Code Book 1 by Reyes
                      > >
                      > > Books you can buy although we are not 100% sure that they will
                      be the ones
                      > > required by the professor.
                      > >
                      > > 1.  Constitutional Law (Green Book) by Fr. Bernas
                      > > 2.  Persons and Family Relations by Atty Mel. Sta Maria
                      > >
                      > > Other books:
                      > > 1.  Constitutional Law Notes and Cases (Fr. Bernas) -- buy this
                      only if
                      > > required by the professor.
                      > > 2. Statutory Construction by Agpalo -- buy this only if required
                      by
                      > > professor.  But if you're under Fr. Ferrer, have it photocopied
                      na lang or
                      > > use reviewers from 1A (batch 2008) -- text me if you need the
                      reviewer.

                      > > ** the first four books are the basic ones.. almost all
                      professors use them.
                      > >  I would suggest you buy all four whether you're in the evening
                      or afternoon
                      > > sked.
                      > >
                      > > Guys, we are merely suggesting that you start reading now.. it
                      is not
                      > > mandatory.  If you still want to enjoy your summer.. then please
                      do.

                      > > We also suggest you go to Mang Nats to get the prices of these
                      books..

                      > > Just approach any ORSEM committee member if you have other
                      questions. we are
                      > > in school every mondays, 2PM onwards at the LSAC (law school
                      activity
                      > > center, ground floor).
                      > >
                      > > vena

                      Service.

                      Service.

                      >  Make Yahoo! your home page

                      Do you Yahoo!?
                      Make Yahoo! your home page

                    • Rowena Salonga
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 15, 2005
                        Hi Vena! I just want to ask, if I want to refund my
                        tuition money, where do i go and who do i contact?

                        wrote:

> [...]
                        > you need the
                        > reviewer.
                        > > >
                        > > > ** the first four books are the basic ones..
                        > almost all
                        > professors use them.
                        > > > I would suggest you buy all four whether you're
                        > in the evening
                        > or afternoon
                        > > > sked.
                        > > >
                        > > > Guys, we are merely suggesting that you start
                        > reading now.. it
                        > is not
                        > > > mandatory. If you still want to enjoy your
                        > summer.. then please
                        > do.
                        > > >
                        > > > We also suggest you go to Mang Nats to get the
                        > prices of these
                        > books..
                        > > >
                        > > > Just approach any ORSEM committee member if you
                        > have other
                        > questions. we are
                        > > > in school every mondays, 2PM onwards at the LSAC

                        Yahoo! Mail
                      • Ma. Venarisse Verga
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 17, 2005
                          Rowena, go to the cashiers and tell them you're going to cancel your enrolment.  You should also inform Ate Pearl (law school registrar's Office) that you're withdrawing your enrolment.  To be sure, bring a letter with you addressed to the Dean (dean C.L. Villanueva) stating why you want to refund your tuition.

                          Vena

                          Message 12 of 14 , May 17, 2005
                            Thank you, Vena. Got it all done already.

                            wrote:
                            > Rowena, go to the cashiers and tell them you're
                            > going to cancel your enrolment. You should also
                            > inform Ate Pearl (law school registrar's Office)
                            > that you're withdrawing your enrolment. To be sure,
                            > bring a letter with you addressed to the Dean (dean
                            > C.L. Villanueva) stating why you want to refund your
                            > tuition.
                            >
                            > Vena
                            >
                            > Rowena Salonga <rfm_salonga@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > Hi Vena! I just want to ask, if I want to refund my
                            > tuition money, where do i go and who do i contact?

                            http://mail.yahoo.com
                          • yya juliano
                            Message 13 of 14 , May 22, 2005
                              ey,

                              i got a copy of REX bookstore pricelist (as of January 2005) and
                              thought of sharing the prices of the other books mentioned which we
                              might need:

                              Sta. Maria -Persons and family relations (2004 ed.) -P1,124

                              Agpalo - Statutory Construction (2003 ed.)- P659

                              fyi.

                              see u guys on the 1st!

                              yya

                            • nina mejia
                              Message 14 of 14 , May 26, 2005
                                hey vena,

                                just wanted to ask, i have the revised penal code (the green one) and the consti primer, i was just wondering where to start with the revised penal code?? Not that i'm planning to read it any time soon, just pretend to... hehehe... thanks..

                                -nina