Re: [ateneolaw2009] Yearbook

  • Thea Jimenez
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 7, 2013
      As I said, I was able to get the soft copies of the pictures this year. I'm still in the process of checking the individual pictures to check if they followed the comments of the people.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 7, 2013, at 10:51 PM, kathleen carisa pacleb <kathleen_carisa@...> wrote:

      What about the release of our individual pictures?  I believe the update only addresses the yearbook concern.

      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 7, 2013
        Hi Thea,

        Can we set a deadline for this na? If yearbook is not finished by X date then refund nalang?

        I'm actually okay with not getting the yearbook na. I just want my money back.

        Sent from my iPhone

        --
        "Laws control a lesser person; right conduct controls a greater one"

        --
        Regards,

        Juan Carlo B. Hernandez, J.D.

      • Juancho Hernandez
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 7, 2013
          Hi Thea,

          First of all thanks for replying with the update.  Next, may I just clear up what exactly is the status of the yearbook?  You said that you were able to get the soft copy of the pictures only this year, 2013.  So I am assuming that you haven't yet done anything with them yet?  Have the layouts and other matters been taken care of already and is it a simple matter of just putting the pictures in a designated slot?

          If not then I agree with Meg, it would save you a whole lot of time as well, especially if the class isn't really that interested in getting the actual year book anymore.  Perhaps it would be good to discuss this as a batch?  But I guess it's probably better to first give the yearbook committee a chance to fully explain the current situation.

          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 7, 2013
            We've actually started with the layout already. For the past years, the committee has been meeting with the printers re layout. The biggest setback was not having the pictures since we could not finalize anything. And at that time, getting the pictures was my biggest concern so it was taking most of my time. But since we have the photos now, we can move forward and focus on lay outing.

            Re refund, I'll have to see if that will take longer since the money is deposited with ADMU. I'll have to check with them the procedure as to how we can get refund, if ever.

            Re deadline, can you guys give me until end of the year? Of course we will aim to finish earlier than that but just to give us enough leeway if anything happens. The lay outing actually takes a lot of time because we have to see if every picture is bagay with the layout, especially with the individual grad pages. So while we have a general idea of the layout if will take us a while to see if it actually looks nice with the pictures. And some still have requests re their grad page (Change creative pic, change write up, etc). I will contact the people concerned in a separate email/text during the course of finalizing the yearbook.

            As for the grad pics, give me until end of March. Some have a lot of comments/requests with regard to their pictures.

            I understand the batch's concern, if I were in your position I'd likely be thinking the same way. And I do want to have the yearbook released at the earliest possible time, which I hope is very soon.

            And I apologize in advance if I am not able to reply asap. My workload now is rather heavy so I only get to read my personal email at night or during the weekend. If any of you have concerns, it would be faster to reach me via phone :)

            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 7, 2013
              Thank you for the update.

              " I would like to see my own ignorance wither into enlightenment "

              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 8, 2013
                Yes, we all have heavy workload. Perhaps, you need help with the yearbook so it could be a cumulative effort? Who are the members of the committee again?

                Maybe we can set a meeting where all interested batchmates, with representatives from each block/barkada/affiliation, could attend and pitch in, instead of just doing follow ups thru email and Facebook. We all could agree on a timeline and layout, check the documents/photos and finances, finalize all requests, and assess whether we should push through with this at all? Just a suggestion.

                Thanks!

                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 8, 2013
                  i second boss darren's proposal. i'll participate

[...]

                • thea marie jimenez
                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 8, 2013
                    Thanks for the suggestion!

                    And thanks, Carlo for volunteering to help.

                    Let me see muna how many people are actually needed. Baka if madami masyado lalo lang maging magulo.

                    I do need help in gathering more pictures from each block and event that happened during law school. If any of you have photos you want to share, please give them to me.

                    "Life is a TRAGEDY to those who FEEL;
                      it is a COMEDY to those who THINK."
                                                    - Horace Walpole

[...]

                  • kristine margret malang
                    Message 9 of 26 , Feb 8, 2013
                      great suggestion, darren :)

                      i hope those of us away from manila can also contribute in some way to speeding up this project. thea, let us know how we can help :)

                      warm regards to all

                      marge

                      Message 10 of 26 , Mar 30, 2013
                        Happy Easter to All!!! :)