Re: [ateneolaw2009] Fw: 2013 MCLE Full 36 Units Program
- Thanks Ipe! :)
On Feb 1, 2013, at 7:59 PM, Philip Closa <ipe_closa@...> wrote:Forwarding lang. Just in case may di pa nag-comply/nangangailangan.----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Best Practices <msa@...>
Sent: Friday, February 1, 2013 4:17 PM
Subject: 2013 MCLE Full 36 Units Program
SPECIAL MCLE PROGRAM @ EDSA SHANGRI-LAThe Center for Global Best Practices (CGBP) is launching the "2013 MCLE Program" scheduled on March 7, 8, 22 & 23, 2013 at the Edsa Shangri-La Hotel, Mandaluyong City, Philippines. This is a unique 4-day program offering 36 MCLE credit units in fulfilment of the April 14, 2013 compliance deadline for lawyers.
In this series of seminars, we bring together the most seasoned and sought-after lecturers in the country. Unlike the usual run-of-the-mill MCLE-accredited programs, this is uniquely packed with special and interesting topics. This program includes AM & PM snacks, sumptuous Lunch Buffet and a CD with all the PowerPoint presentations of lecturers.
Register on or before February 7, 2013 and avail of the full package for you to have Early Bird & Group Discounts!
For inquiries, please call Manila lines: (+63 2) 556-8968 or 69; telefax (+63 2) 842-7148 or 59; Cebu lines: (+63 32) 512-3106 or 07; Baguio line: (+63 74) 423-5148. You may also check details and all other upcoming best practices seminars at www.cgbp.org.Register for the full package NOW to avail of the Early Bird and Group discounts.
This program has limited seats with pre-registration required.
HELP YOUR CLIENTS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS. SHOW YOUR THOUGHTFULNESS. PLEASE FORWARD AND SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH THEM.If you have any problems viewing the images in this email, please click here
or visit www.cgbp.org
2013 MCLE Full 36 Units Program
Schedule & Course OutlineDAY 1: THURSDAY, March 7, 2013 (9 units)
I. MCLE PRESCRIBED SUBJECTS (2 units – 8:00am to 10:00am)
"Strategies in Winning Election Cases at the COMELEC"
-Atty. Ferdinand Rafanan, Former Head of Legal Department, COMELEC
II. TRIAL AND PRE-TRIAL SKILLS (2 units – 10:15am to 12:15noon)
"How to Employ Discovery Modes to Settle Cases Swiftly"
-Atty. Jose A. Bernas, Founder & Managing Partner, Bernas Law Office
III. MCLE PRESCRIBED SUBJECTS (2 units – 12:40 to 2:40pm)
"New Rules and Cases on Annulment"
-Atty. Joji Antonio-Alonso, TV Host, Legal Forum, GMA News Network
IV. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION (3 units – 2:55pm to 5:55pm)
"How to Win Complex Commercial Disputes through Arbitration or a Mini Trial"
-Atty. Victor Lazatin, Senior Partner, ACCRA
DAY 2: FRIDAY, March 8, 2013 (9 units)
I. INTERNATIONAL LAW (2 units – 8:00am to 10:00am)
"Handling PPP and BOT Projects with Multinational Corporations"
(Featuring the New BOT Law IRR)
-Atty. Alberto C. Agra, Former DOJ Secretary & The only Filipino Certified PPP Specialist
II. LEGAL ETHICS (2 units – 10:15am to 12:15noon)
"How to Defend Lawyers from Professional Malpractice"
-Justice Nicolas Lapeña, Former Justice, Court of Appeals
Former Chairman, Professional Regulation Commission
III. MCLE PRESCRIBED SUBJECTS (2 units – 12:45noon to 2:45pm)
"Updates on Corporation Law"
-Atty. Teresita Herbosa, Chairman, Securities and Exchange Commission
IV. UPDATES IN CRIMINAL LAW (3 units – 2:55pm to 5:55pm)
"Prevention, Prosecution and Defense of Graft and Corruption Cases"
-Justice Edilberto Sandoval, Former Presiding Justice of the Sandiganbayan
DAY 3: FRIDAY, March 22, 2013 (9 units)
I. LEGAL ETHICS (2 units – 8:00am to 10:00am)
"How to Handle Conflict of Interest Cases Involving Attorneys"
-Atty. Ronald Solis, Former Chairman, National Telecommunications Commission
Immediate Past President, Philippine Bar Association
II. ORAL ADVOCACY (2 units – 10:15am to 12:15noon)
"Public Speaking Techniques for Lawyers"
-Atty. Jim V. Lopez, Three-Time Winner, National Book Award
III. TRIAL AND PRE-TRIAL SKILLS (2 units – 12:40 to 2:40pm)
"How to Impeach Lay and Expert Witnesses in Civil Cases"
-Atty. Estrella Elamparo, Partner, Divina And UY Law Offices
IV. UPDATES IN SUBSTANTIVE AND PROCEDURAL LAWS (3 units)
Topic 1: "How to Handle Cases under the New Rules on Judicial Affidavits"
-Atty. Jose Midas Marquez, Court Administrator (2:55pm to 3:55pm)
Topic 2: "Intellectual Property Infringement: New Rules & Cases"
-Atty. Ricardo Blancaflor, Chairman, Intellectual Property Office (3:55pm to 5:55pm)
DAY 4: SATURDAY, MARCH 23, 2013 (9 units)
I. LEGAL WRITING (2 units – 8:00am to 10:00am)
"How Use Plain English in Legal Writing"
-Atty. Jim V. Lopez, Three-Time Winner - National Book Award
II. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION (2 units – 10:15am to 12:15noon)
"Winning Techniques in Appellate Mediation"
-Atty. Rita Linda Jimeno, Associate Dean, CEU College of Law
III. UPDATES IN CONSTITUTIONAL LAW (3 units – 12:45noon to 3:45pm)
"New Problem Areas in Constitutional Law"
-Atty. Andres D. Bautista, Dean, FEU Law School & Chairman, PCGG
IV. LEGAL ETHICS (2 units- 3:55pm to 5:55pm)
"Avoiding Ethical Pitfalls of Lawyering: A Survey and an Update"
-Atty. Erickson Balmes, Associate Dean, Arellano Law SchoolTo register, please download a copy of the registration form (please allow a few seconds for the graphics to download clearly). Fill up the registration details and indicate the preferred discount options by putting a checkmark in the checkbox provided. Participants are encouraged to register early to avail of all the Early Bird privilege discounts.
Details of the discounts are in the registration form. You may email form to camille@... with a cc to mgma@... or send to telefax nos. (+63 2) 842-7148/59. Registration form is available at http://www.cgbp.org or click here to download registration form.Other Upcoming Seminars:
1. Best Practices Guide to Valid Dismissal (Baguio City Event) - February 8, 2013
2. Filipinos' Guide in Handling Expatriates and Foreigners - February 13, 2013
3. Best Saving Strategies on Estate, Donors and Inheritance Taxes - February 22 & 23, 2013 (1.5 days)
4. Write Right for Results - February 27, 2013
5. Election Best Practices on
How to Prepare Your Statement of Contributions and Expenditures - February 28, 2013
6. New General Instructions for the Automated Elections - March 1, 2013
7. Optimizing Tax Savings for Real Estate Transactions - March 14 & 15, 2013 (1.5 days)
8. Legal Best Practices in Crafting Your HR Code of Discipline - March 21, 2013
9. All About Fringe Benefits & Tax Deductible Items - April 4 & 5, 2013 (1.5 days)
10. Best Practices in Planning, Monitoring and Scheduling Project Implementation - April 11 & 12, 2013
11. Best Practices In Corporate Housekeeping - April 18 & 19, 2013 (1.5 days)
12. Refresher Course on English - April 25 & 26, 2013
13. Best Practices in Family Business Governance and
Crafting Family Constitution - April 26 & 27, 2013 (1.5 days)
14. Academic Ranking and HR Incentive Planning - May 2 & 3, 2013
15. Taxpayers' Complete Guide to Tax-Exempt Transactions and
Preferential Tax Treatments - May 9 & 10, 2013 (1.5 days)
16. Mastering the Use of LC for Import and Export - May 16 & 17, 2013
17. Best Practices Guide in Handling Customs Tax Audits - June 13, 2013
18. INCOTERMS 2010: Revised Trade Rules on all Shipping Terms - June 14, 2013
19. Best Practices in Business Protocol - June 19, 2013
20. Best Practices in Manualization of School HR Policies - June 27 & 28, 2013
21. Board Directors' Guide for Audit Committees - July 4 & 5, 2013
22. Best Practices Guide to Valid Job Contracting and Subcontracting - July 19, 2013
23. Best Practices for School Registrars - August 15 & 16, 2013We update our website to add new seminars on a weekly basis. We encourage you to check www.cgbp.org always for exciting learning events.The Center for Global Best Practices (CGBP) welcomes suggestions and ideas of seminar topics that may be helpful to the growth and the productivity of your business. We also offer in-house seminars and custom- designed training programs for your company's needs. We are open to partnerships for mutually beneficial win-win collaborations.
Add us on Follow us on
If our e-mail is routed in your spam/bulk/junk folder please add our e-mail addresses to your address book to ensure delivery of our e-mails to your inbox.
[OPT-OUT] To stop receiving direct mail marketing from CGBP, please "REPLY" to this email (do not delete the headers) indicating your name and type in the subject line "UNSUBSCRIBE". Your record will be deleted within 1 week.
Copyright © 2013. Center for Global Best Practices. All rights reserved.Manila lines: (+63 2) 556-8968 / 69 | Telefax (+63 2) 842-7148 / 59
Cebu lines: (+63 32) 512-3106 / 07 | Baguio line: (+63 74) 423-5148