Fwd: [themarquezclan] E. Murio Sale [1 Attachment]

  • pia Manguiat
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2011

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Pilar de Borja <nanadeb@...>
      Date: Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 9:26 AM
      Subject: [themarquezclan] E. Murio Sale [1 Attachment]

      [Attachment(s) from Pilar de Borja included below]

      E. Murio is having a sale this weekend (Friday, Sept. 23, 1 - 6 pm, and Sat., Sept. 24,  9 - 6 pm at the Urdaneta Friendship Hall, Urdaneta Village, Makati).  We have attached the invitation and a mini-portfolio of some items.

      Though our furniture has traditionally leaned towards more classic pieces, in recent years we have started to create more modern, ambiguous forms, while crafting them using our time-tested techniques. We like to think of our work as intimate architecture for the body and for our lives that inhabit them - where a medicine cabinet can hold pills, or a series of mundane objects, or a collection of items that connect to our dreams. Furniture, as objects that are scattered about, are also things around which we gather with family to celebrate,  in which we lay a sleeping child, or suspend our bodies. As objects, they suggest their function, but we hope they also evoke a sense of delight, an appreciation of texture, and a formal fascination.

       We hope you enjoy our portfolio.

      See you at the sale!