Batchmates: Can you help?

  • krizna gomez
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 568 KB
    Dear batchmates,

    I hope you are all doing well in your respective happy offices or whatever part of the world :-)

    I am writing to seek your support for one important project of our alma mater.

    ALS, together with the other units of the Ateneo Professional Schools, adopted 4 public elementary schools to feed 4,000 school children.  The children have been found to be too malnourished to be able to perform well in school.  While building schools and giving books are the common initiatives to educate the children, we have to fill their stomachs too even as we feed their minds.

    You can help give a child a full meal with a small donation of Php11.50 per day.  If you wish to help, you can choose to sponsor a child or adopt a school.  Please see the attachment for details on how you can help.

    In order to fund the project for the first quarter, we need to bring in the donations on or before June 14.  I hope that you will find it in your heart to give.  Any amount will go a long way.

    Many thanks and God bless you for your generosity!  I cannot assure you of a place in heaven if you donate but you will definitely make a difference in the life of at least one child :)

    Warm regards,

    Kriz

    MA. KRIZNA S. GOMEZ
    Program Coordinator
    Multi-Sectoral Quick Reaction Teams (MSQRT) on Extralegal Killings and Enforced Disappearances
    Ateneo Human Rights Center
    G/F Ateneo Professional Schools
    2 Rockwell Drive, Rockwell Center
    1200 Makati City, Philippines
    Tel: (63)(2)8976991 local 2115 / 8974212
    Fax: (63)(2)8993432
  • joi joi
    Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2011
      Hi Krizna,

      It doesn't say how to get the money to you. Please let me know.

      Thanks.

      Joy

      Civilization means slavery, wars, exploitation, and death camps. It also means medical hygiene, elevated religious ideas, beautiful art, and exquisite music. It is an error to imagine that civilization and savage cruelty are antithesis… In our times the cruelties, like most other aspects of our world, have become far more effectively administered than ever before. They have not and will not cease to exist. Both creation and destruction are inseparable aspects of what we call civilization.

      - Zygmunt Baumann, Modernity and the Holocaust

      Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 2011
        Oh it's in the attachment.

        Message 4 of 4 , Jun 28, 2011
          Hi all,

          Caguioa & Gatmaytan urgently needs lawyers. There's no particular year level requirement, but they prefer those who are already lawyers.

          Please address applications (and any questions) to Anthony Mark Gutierrez at amgutierrez@....