Benefit Dinner for Chochoy Medina- 31 March 2011

  • krizna gomez
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 153 KB
    Dear friends,

    Warm greetings!

    We would like to seek your support in raising funds to defray the medical expenses of our dear Atty. Carlos "Chochoy" P. Medina, Jr., Executive Director of the Ateneo Human Rights Center.

    As you may have already heard, Chochoy suffered an aneurysm after a morning swim on 08 March 2011. Bea (his wife) immediately rushed him to the Medical City where he is currently confined in the ICU.

    Chochoy had an open brain surgery the next day which lasted for almost nine hours. Although the operation was successful, his alertness deteriorated a few days after. He had another surgery on March 12 due to the continuous swelling of his brain. Chochoy also fell unconscious since then. His doctors are doing everything they can to improve his condition. Prayers, encouragements, and words of support have helped his family through these challenging times. Friends and colleagues have also decided to help raise funds for Chochoy’s continuing medical expenses in the ICU.

    It is in this light that we, his family in AHRC, are organizing a benefit dinner for Chochoy on 31 March 2011, 7:00 p.m., at the 4th Floor Lobby, Ateneo Professional Schools Building, 20 Rockwell Drive, Rockwell Center, Makati City. There will also be a mass at 6:00 p.m. prior to the dinner. We hope that you and your friends can join us.

    The cost of the ticket for the benefit dinner is P2,000.00. You are not limited however to this amount should you wish to give more. You may pay directly to AHRC or course it through our bank account:

    Ateneo Human Rights Center

    Bank of the Philippine Islands

    Bel-Air Paseo Branch

    #54 Jupiter St., Bel-Air Village, Makati City

    1861-0012-92

    For bank deposits, please fax us a copy of your deposit slip to (632) 899-4342 so that we can properly acknowledge your support.

    If you have any further inquiry about this, please do not hesitate to contact Vhangie Riosa or Anna Carillo at (632) 8997691 loc. 2109/2123 or email us at info@....

    Our profuse thanks for your prayers and support to our dear Chochoy.

    Sincerely,

    Ray Paolo J. Santiago

    Deputy Executive Director

    Ateneo Human Rights Center

    MA. KRIZNA S. GOMEZ
    Program Coordinator
    Multi-Sectoral Quick Reaction Teams (MSQRT) on Extralegal Killings and Enforced Disappearances
    Ateneo Human Rights Center
    G/F Ateneo Professional Schools
    2 Rockwell Drive, Rockwell Center
    1200 Makati City, Philippines
    Tel: (63)(2)8976991 local 2115 / 8974212
    Fax: (63)(2)8993432