- ... From: Krizna Gomez To: krizna gomez Sent: Fri, April 30, 2010 9:57:05 AM Subject: Fw: [ap-a2j] INFO:Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2010View Source----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Krizna Gomez <krizna_gomez@...>
To: krizna gomez <flnd_krizzie@...>
Sent: Fri, April 30, 2010 9:57:05 AM
Subject: Fw: [ap-a2j] INFO: Gender and Politics Training - Call for Nominations
MA. KRIZNA S. GOMEZ
Multi-Sectoral Quick Reaction Teams (MSQRT) on Extralegal Killings and Enforced Disappearances
Ateneo Human Rights Center
G/F Ateneo Professional Schools
20 Rockwell Drive, Rockwell Center
1200 Makati City, Philippines
Tel: (63)(2)8997691 local 2115 / 8972142
Fax: (63)(2)8994342----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Asia Pacific Rights and Justice Network <ap-a2j@...>
To: "ap-a2j@..." <ap-a2j@...>
Sent: Thu, April 29, 2010 10:30:52 AM
Subject: [ap-a2j] INFO: Gender and Politics Training - Call for Nominations
(please see attached documents if you have trouble reading this email)
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Asia Pacific Forum for Women, Law and Development (APWLD) in cooperation with the Southeast Asian Association for Genders Studies (SAMA), Centre for Woman Studies (KANITA-USM) and Institute of Occidental Studies (IKON-UKM)
call for nominations for:
Regional Gender and Politics Training Workshop:
Skills and Capacity Building for Women Political Leaders
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 07-10 June, 2010
The most recent statistics indicate that 18.7% of parliamentarians in Asia are women. An even lower percentage of women are Ministers. Pacific Island nations fare even worse. Although this figure has increased in recent years, minimal progress has been made. Equality between men and women in national legislatures still remains distant. In particular, there is a need to enable women from all classes, races, ethnicities, ages and backgrounds to be able to participate in decision-making structures at local, national and international levels.
APWLD offers two levels of G&P Training. The Level 1 Training has been taking place since 2006 and targets local and national women political leaders, activists, young women, leaders and campaigners and women who are potential candidates. Gender and Politics Level 2 Training is to further develop advocacy, lobby and campaigning skills for experienced women and puts greater emphasis on a gender analysis and building regional networks. This training is for women who are have been or are currently in decision-making positions in government or who will contest future elections at higher levels.
Please read the details below, complete the attached application form and email/fax it along with a recommendation letter and CV to the attention of:
Mrinalini Rai/ Rohini
Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development
For emailed applications, please indicate clearly in the subject line: “Application for Regional Gender and Politics Pilot Training- Level 2”
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 11 MAY, 2010
This is the first time that the Level 2 Training has been offered.
The purpose of the Gender and Politics, Level 2 Pilot Training Workshop is to:
§ foster a transformative model of leadership amongst women;
§ share experiences and develop skills of participants to raise gender issues within existing political institutions;
§ foster solidarity amongst women political leaders in the region;
§ develop capacity of participants to mainstream gender issues within political systems from a women’s human rights approach; and
§ enhance the capacity of participants to promote and fulfill women’s human rights, including the right to take part in governance at local, national, regional and international levels.
The Workshop sessions will focus on the following themes:
§ feminism and patriarchy
§ representation and political systems
§ transformative leadership
§ advocacy, lobbying and campaigning for gender and issues
§ building networks and regional coalitions
APWLD invites women from Asia Pacific Region, who want to develop their transformative leadership skills to apply for this course. Training will be offered to 15 - 18 participants from the region. The training will be in English language. We regret to inform that due to limited resources, simultaneous translation facilities will not be available.
Participants will be selected based on the following considerations:
- Women who ran as candidates and are aspiring to contest upcoming national/ local level elections
- Women who are interested in contesting formal elections or are members of political parties
- Women who are currently at decision making positions- governance
- Women who have experience in women’s political participation in the areas of training, campaigning or lobbying for at least five years
- All applicants should submit a brief synopsis of how/why this training would be useful to her. (see attached application form)
- An institution/ organisation should certify that the person recommended has worked in the area of women’s human rights and is committed to applying the core learning points from the training in future work.
Please note that number of participants is limited and preference will be given to candidates who meet the above criteria.
What funding will cover:
- APWLD will cover the cost of air travel; accommodation, breakfast and lunch.
- During non-workshop days only accommodation and breakfast will be covered.
- A small per-diem of $USD 20 per day will be given to participants.
- It is strongly advised that participants secure additional funds to cover non-funded meals and other expenses such as telephone calls and other miscellaneous expenses.
This e-group is created as a part of social movement building initiaves with the aim to share knowledge and discuss the latest development and issues related to the regional community integration of ASEAN. All are welcome.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "ASEANcats" group.
To post to this group, send email to aseancats@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at
--- Please note: Using the "reply" or "reply all" option delivers your response to the entire network.