Re: [ateneolaw2009] Fw: Clearance from OBC

  • joi joi
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 4, 2010
      You could ask the school, but I haven't received any news that they will take care of this.

      Civilization means slavery, wars, exploitation, and death camps. It also means medical hygiene, elevated religious ideas, beautiful art, and exquisite music. It is an error to imagine that civilization and savage cruelty are antithesis… In our times the cruelties, like most other aspects of our world, have become far more effectively administered than ever before. They have not and will not cease to exist. Both creation and destruction are inseparable aspects of what we call civilization.

      - Zygmunt Baumann, Modernity and the Holocaust

      A possibly dumb question... Won't the school coordinate this for/with us?

      I ask because a friend in the OBC (i know, hearsay!) told me that the sequence of getting clearances will determine the schedule of signing. Too much to assume that the school cares that we all sign on the same date (just like we were given our permits on the same dates)?

      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 4, 2010
        I was told that we really have to go there to sign and claim certain papers din daw...

        --
        Rafael C. D. del Rosario, J.D.

        Get your preferred Email name!
        Now you can @... and @....
      • AJ Constantino
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 4, 2010
          A definitely dumb question... what's that clearance all about? thanks guys
          love aj

[...]

          Now you can @... and @rocketmail. com.

        • Juancho Hernandez
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 4, 2010
            @AJ : It has something to do with oath taking and signing, you have to go to the SC pay (according to some) 4k.  I'll call the OBC later and will email what i find out

            Now you can @ymail.com and @rocketmail. com.

            --
            Regards,

            Juan Carlo B. Hernandez, J.D.

          • paolo.abarquez@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 4, 2010
              I just talked to the OBC and they said that we have to go to their office personally for the clearance and pay PHP4050 to cover for the IBP fees and oath taking.

              From: AJ Constantino <aj_m_constantino@...>
              Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 11:35:28 -0700 (PDT)
              To: <ateneolaw2009@yahoogroups.com>

[...]

            • donna april g. montefalcon
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 4, 2010

                IBP fees?

                iba pa ba yun sa IBP fee that we have to pay sa IBP itself?

                From: AJ Constantino <aj_m_constantino@ yahoo.com>
                Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 11:35:28 -0700 (PDT)
                To: <ateneolaw2009@ yahoogroups. com>

                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 4, 2010
                  I think its the same.

                  They said that they will give us a breakdown of the amount we will be paying. (i.e. Ibp fees, oath taking fees, signing of roll, etc.)

                  From: "donna april g. montefalcon" <donapot@...>
                  Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 18:46:54 -0700 (PDT)
                  To: <ateneolaw2009@yahoogroups.com>

                  From: AJ Constantino <aj_m_constantino@ yahoo.com>
                  Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 11:35:28 -0700 (PDT)
                  To: <ateneolaw2009@ yahoogroups. com>

                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 4, 2010
                    thanks pao!

                    From: "donna april g. montefalcon" <donapot@...>
                    Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 18:46:54 -0700 (PDT)

                    From: AJ Constantino <aj_m_constantino@ yahoo.com>
                    Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 11:35:28 -0700 (PDT)
                    To: <ateneolaw2009@ yahoogroups. com>

                      From: "donna april g. montefalcon" <donapot@...>
                      Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 18:46:54 -0700 (PDT)

                      From: AJ Constantino <aj_m_constantino@ yahoo.com>
                      Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 11:35:28 -0700 (PDT)
                      To: <ateneolaw2009@ yahoogroups. com>

                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 4, 2010
                        government-issued ID's? or pwedeng office IDs?

                        Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power                                                                                                                                         - JFK

                        Hi everyone, I just got off the phone with the OBC also, aside from the Fee that we have to pay please remember to bring TWO  (2) valid IDs

                        On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Juancho Hernandez <juanchobhernandez@ gmail.com> wrote:
                        thanks pao!

                        From: "donna april g. montefalcon" <donapot@yahoo. com>
                        Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 18:46:54 -0700 (PDT)

                        From: AJ Constantino <aj_m_constantino@ yahoo.com>
                        Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 11:35:28 -0700 (PDT)
                        To: <ateneolaw2009@ yahoogroups. com>

[...]

                        Importing contacts has never been easier..
                        Bring your friends over to Yahoo! Mail today!
                      • Ria J. Campos
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 4, 2010
                          by when do we have to pay?

                          thanks :)

                          From: "donna april g. montefalcon" <donapot@yahoo. com>
                          Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 18:46:54 -0700 (PDT)

                          From: AJ Constantino <aj_m_constantino@ yahoo.com>
                          Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 11:35:28 -0700 (PDT)
                          To: <ateneolaw2009@ yahoogroups. com>

                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 4, 2010
                            How bout the signing thing? What's the sched for it? Is it alphabetical or does it depend on date of processing?

                            "Sent via BlackBerry from Smart"

                            From: "donna april g. montefalcon" <donapot@yahoo. com>
                            Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 18:46:54 -0700 (PDT)

                            From: AJ Constantino <aj_m_constantino@ yahoo.com>
                            Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 11:35:28 -0700 (PDT)
                            To: <ateneolaw2009@ yahoogroups. com>

                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 4, 2010
                              May Flooding our emails so (out of boredom)

                              FYI:

                              - Bar passers may secure their clearances from the Office of the Bar Confidant during office hours, Monday to Friday, beginning April 5 to 28, 2010, from 8 am to 4 pm. http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/ 249885/sc- justice-morales- heads-2010- bar-exams- panel

                              - Cost: P4050 and bring two valid IDs (from Juancho) (i'm assuming government-issued ids, please confirm)

                              - Personal appearance is required. The clearance and fees are for the IBP fees, oath taking fees, signing of roll, etc. (accdg to Pao A.)

                              - Toga rental and cost is not included (accdg to peeps working sa SC, nandun na rin yung rental kung san kukuha ng clearance kasi di naman related sa OBC yung toga rental company)

                              - Hearsay: the signing of the roll has a schedule. The schedule depends on when you got your clearance. So, kung gusto mo sabay sabay kayo ng friends mo mag-sign and magpa-picture, sabay sabay din dapat kayo pumunta sa OBC.

                              hope any further emails will be to clarify and to confirm/refute the FYI. :)

                              Surf faster.
                              Internet Explorer 8 optmized for Yahoo! auto launches 2 of your favorite pages everytime you open your browser.Get IE8 here! (It's free)
                            • jp
                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 4, 2010
                                re: id's

                                any valid id's . kahit di govt. issued.sabi ng obc.

[...]

                                New Email names for you!
                                Hurry before someone else does!
                              • donna april g. montefalcon
                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 5, 2010

                                  just being praning - so pwede employee ID?