Outcome of Relief Caravan

  • krizna gomez
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2009

      Dear Ateneo community,

      Despite the threat of typhoon Ramil, the Relief Caravan successfully pushed through on Oct. 22-23.

      We were able to produce 1,600 bags, 400 of which were picked up for another relief operation by the School of Business. We brought the remaining 1,200 to the Caravan. The Army gave away a separate set of more than 4,000 bags to the municipalities of Calasiao in Pangasinan and Aringay in La Union. Our 1,200 bags were distributed to families in Tuba, Tublay and La Trinidad in the province of Benguet. Parts of the cash donations were also used to buy 100 shovels given to these three municipalities for their digging and rescue operations, and to produce more than 200 school supply kits for both grade school and high school students.

      Our deepest thanks to everyone who helped make this possible. 1,200 families in Benguet are as grateful.

      For the photos, please see krizgomez.multiply.com/photos/album/66.

      Thank you!

      Krizna Gomez
      Ateneo Human Rights Center