STUDENT COUNCIL STATEMENT IN SUPPORT OF JUSTICE SABIO

  • admulawsc0809
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2008
      IN SUPPORT OF JUSTICE SABIO:
      THE OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF THE
      ATENEO LAW SCHOOL STUDENT BODY

      We, the Student Body of the Ateneo de Manila School of Law,
      stand firmly beside Justice Jose L. Sabio in this time of trial and
      controversy, and in light of recent attacks against his credibility
      and integrity as a Member of the Judiciary.

      We, his former students, proudly attest to his profound
      wisdom, extensive knowledge of the law, and unassailable sense of
      right and wrong, which have inspired us to become ethical lawyers
      and public servants for the betterment of the country. Justice Sabio
      leads and teaches by example – a shining beacon of ethics, right
      conduct and professional responsibility, and a person who
      exemplifies what members of the noble legal profession, whether
      practicing lawyers or incumbent judges, should strive to become.

      We, his current students, stand as witnesses to his fairness
      and impartiality, which are beyond reproach, and the genuine manner
      in which he implores us to stand against all forms of corruption in
      all aspects of law and governance. The respect we have for Justice
      Sabio is derived not only from his remarkable skill in teaching, but
      likewise from his indubitable sense of justice, moral conduct, and
      service to society.

      We, his future students, affirm the reputation that precedes the
      man – that of being a Professor of utmost integrity who will not and
      cannot be fazed by unjust and wrongful considerations, whose
      brilliant mind is matched only by his kind and compassionate heart,
      and whose virtue has been extolled by the many generations of law
      students and lawyers who have gone before us.

      We, the past and present students of the Ateneo Law School,
      are steadfast in our support for Justice Sabio, and fully and whole-
      heartedly believe that once the dust settles and the truth is
      finally ascertained, the country will see what we have seen in him.

      SIGNED:

      THE OFFICERS OF THE
      ATENEO LAW SCHOOL STUDENT COUNCIL

      Jess Raymund Lopez Regina Ann Nonato
      President Internal Vice-President

      Alexander Lim Eunice Zuleika Monsod
      External Vice-President Secretary-General

      Virgilio Macasaet Naealla Rose Bainto
      Treasurer Senior Represenative

      Jenicka Elizabeth Hosaka Kazimir Kira Ang
      Junior Representative Sophomore Representative

      Dino Austria
      Freshman Representative