BATCH PROJECT, NEED HELP. :)

  • Tricia Cervantes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008
      Happy New Year Batch 2009!!! :)

      Sana nakapagpahinga kayo during the break. At
      nakapaghabol ng backlog, hehe.

      Merong big, big project yung Council called BLUE HOPE,
      where each organization and each batch is given the
      opportunity (and resources) to do outreach. Hindi pa
      nagp-project yung batch natin for this year, so ito na
      ang pagkakataon natin! :)

      Here is my proposal. Actually, dalawang activities
      siya. :) Please let me know kung gusto ninyo ito, or
      if you want to pursue a different activity. Pero sana
      magawa natin ito before midterms (which begins on the
      last Monday of January), or right after...before we
      get busy with the inter-law school sportsfest. :)

      1. First Project: Literacy Drive.

      The sophomores did their Christmas outreach with the
      Virlanie Foundation, a private, non-sectarian child
      care institution with 12 homes around Manila. (See
      their page: http://www.virlanie.org) Naisip ko, sila
      nalang siguro yung beneficiaries ng book drive natin.
      They have children na preschool until young adults.

      With your help, our batch will be setting up
      collection boxes for new and used books na pwedeng
      i-donate sa kanila. Siguro the whole January we can
      collect the books para by Valentines' Day mabigay
      natin sa kanila. Hehe. :)

      Need Help with the Following:
      - Making arrangements with Virlanie (or scouting for
      another beneficiary, and making arrangements with
      them).
      - Getting permits for and setting up collection boxes
      for the books.
      - Making room-to-room announcements about our project.
      - Arranging a day with the kids, para hindi lang tayo
      nag-aabot ng donations. It would be nice siguro na
      meron tayong one afternoon with them for storytelling
      and a few games at least. :)

      2. Second Project: Photo Contest.

      Eto sana yung idea na ipi-pitch ko: photo contest,
      tapos yung person who submits gets a cash prize PLUS
      an extra prize na cash donation to a charitable
      institution of his or her choice.

      Hindi ko pa alam kung ano yung theme, although sana
      may social impact. Either a photo introducing the
      charitable institution na partner niya or something
      else.

      Siguro yung official entries in conventional
      photographs, but we can also have a special award for
      lomo entries, kahit na yung parang People's Choice
      award. :)

      Need Help with the Following:

      - Planning the mechanics of the contest.
      - Marketing the contest.
      - Raising funds for the cash prize. Naisip ko, dun sa
      photographer, first prize 6K, second 3K, third
      1.5K...tapos dun sa partner organization times
      two...12K, 6K, 3K.
      - Logistics nung photo exhibit.
      - Sourcing judges.

      Please, please let me know what you think and if
      you're interested to help. Medyo excited na ako about
      this, sana kayo din. :)

      Text me at 0917.5208979 (magpakilala kayo if I don't
      have your number) or reply to this email pag
      interesado kayo!

      Sincerely,
      Tricia Cervantes :)
      Your SC '08