Re: [ateneolaw2009] Cyber Libel

  • pia Manguiat
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2007
      i have to agree with jayv's saw the same one!

      On 11/9/07, Jayvee Salud <rouge_aigle_1982@...> wrote:

      > Job,
      >
      > I'm not sure but I think there is thesis already on that. Double check with
      > the library. I think I came across it while researching for my thesis.
      >
      > Jayvee
      >
      > Joseph Benedict Gesmundo <job_gesmundo@...> wrote:
      >

      > Has anyone been working on cyber libel?
      >

      > Joseph Benedict G. Gesmundo
      > School of Law
      > Ateneo de Manila University
      > Rockwell Drive, Rockwell Center, Makati City
      > Philippines

      > http://mail.yahoo.com
      >

      > Suicide is an Option.

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Eunice MOnsod
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2007
        This is my new thesis topic.. forgot to post it here.

        The Legal Feasibility and Consequence of Hedging Laws for Migrant WorkersÂ’ Remittances

        Thesis statement: As a response to the fast-paced Peso appreciation resulting from the 6.9% growth rate of the Philippine Economy in the 1st Quarter of 2007, a petition was initiated by the Jeddah Group of Filipinos [V-Team] for the establishment of a Special Exchange Rate for OFW remittances and as a twin-measure, to provide for a Stabilization Fund to cover the difference between the prevailing foreign exchange market rate and special foreign exchange rate for OFWs. The Vice President, Noli De Castro, proposes an implementation of a two-pronged Hedging Program currently granted to Exporters.  This paper aims to prove its legal feasibility both domestically and internationally, the legal bases that can justify its implementation, provide a legal framework to sort out possible conflicts in the existing laws and study its consequence if such a law is passed.

        "Why do I keep hittin' my head with a hammer? Because it feels so good when i stop."
        The Law and Economics of Lust, Love and Life...

        Eunice Monsod
        +639194543538

        http://mail.yahoo.com