Fwd: [themarquezclan] burma petition

  • pia Manguiat
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2007
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Ana Cristina B. Araneta <deborja.araneta@...>
      Date: Oct 1, 2007 8:37 PM
      Subject: [themarquezclan] burma petition

      Hi, have you heard about the crisis in Burma?

      Burma is ruled by one of the worst military dictatorships in the
      world. This week Buddhist monks and nuns began marching and chanting
      prayers to call for democracy. The protests spread and hundreds of
      thousands of Burmese people joined in -- they've been brutally
      attacked by the military regime, but still the protests are spreading.

      I just signed a petition calling on Burma's powerful ally China and
      the UN security council to step in and pressure Burma's rulers to stop
      the killing. The petition has exploded to over 200,000 signatures in a
      few days and is being advertised in newspapers around the world,
      delivered to the UN secretary general, and broadcast to the Burmese
      people by radio. We're trying to get to 1 million signatures this
      week, please sign below and tell everyone!

      http://www.avaaz.org/en/stand_with_burma/tf.php?CLICK_TF_TRACK

      Thank you for your help!