This was in our local paper this morning.

  • Eclipse
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
      I thought some of you might find this interesting. It was in our
      local paper The Atlanta Journal-Constitution here in North Georgia.
      It's interesting because this was the same county that a woman was
      trying to get Harry banned from the local schools.

      Ron, Hermione, Gwinnett loves us!
      By Ben Smith | Tuesday, October 2, 2007, 07:00 AM

      The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

      The county made famous by a mother's crusade to rid public schools of
      Harry Potter books was recently honored by the folks who publish them.

      Random House Books on Tape named the Gwinnett County Public Library
      system as a finalist in its "Jim Dale at Your Library" contest.

      Dale — for those who don't know the difference between a bludger and
      a boggart — narrates the Potter books on tape.

      Alas, Gwinnett County didn't win the grand prize, which was an
      appearance and reading of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" by
      Dale himself.

      But according to a news release, the library system "was chosen as
      one of only 45 semifinalists from the more than 1,000 entries
      submitted by libraries from across the country."

      (Hmm, 45 semifinalists. Did they all transfigure themselves to reach
      that level?).

      The contest was to create the best series of library-sponsored events
      for the release of the latest Harry Potter tome.
    • Maggie Weiss
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
        LOL, good for you, Eclipse!! Sorry you didn't win, and
        I don't think I won either. But it would've been cool
        if You or I did! BTW, do you know who won?

        Maggie
        --- Eclipse <nightlyeclipse@...> wrote:

        > I thought some of you might find this interesting.
        > It was in our
        > local paper The Atlanta Journal-Constitution here in
        > North Georgia.
        > It's interesting because this was the same county
        > that a woman was
        > trying to get Harry banned from the local schools.
        >
        > Ron, Hermione, Gwinnett loves us!
        > By Ben Smith | Tuesday, October 2, 2007, 07:00 AM
        >
        > The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
        >
        > The county made famous by a mother's crusade to rid
        > public schools of
        > Harry Potter books was recently honored by the folks
        > who publish them.
        >
        > Random House Books on Tape named the Gwinnett County
        > Public Library
        > system as a finalist in its "Jim Dale at Your
        > Library" contest.
        >
        > Dale — for those who don't know the difference
        > between a bludger and
        > a boggart — narrates the Potter books on tape.
        >
        > Alas, Gwinnett County didn't win the grand prize,
        > which was an
        > appearance and reading of "Harry Potter and the
        > Deathly Hallows" by
        > Dale himself.
        >
        > But according to a news release, the library system
        > "was chosen as
        > one of only 45 semifinalists from the more than
        > 1,000 entries
        > submitted by libraries from across the country."
        >
        > (Hmm, 45 semifinalists. Did they all transfigure
        > themselves to reach
        > that level?).
        >
        > The contest was to create the best series of
        > library-sponsored events
        > for the release of the latest Harry Potter tome.

        http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658
      • Eclipse
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2007
          Actually, I don't. I was trying to figure that out, but couldn't find
          anything linked to it. I don't even know the full name of the contest
          to Google it with. lol It's pretty cool though. I don't live in that
          county myself, but it's not far from me.

          Eclipse

          --- In atdicodyssey@yahoogroups.com, Maggie Weiss <maggie32191@...>