Help!

  • mudblood428
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 3, 2007
      Okay. I'm 2000 words into the Epilogue and I need your help! This
      epilogue is supposed to wrap up all the stuff that hasn't been wrapped
      up already and to inform you guys what happens to the leading players
      after the war is over.

      So. Tell me what I'm missing.

      Stuff I've already got covered:
      -What happens to Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Luna and Neville
      -What becomes of Hogwarts, post-war

      Is there anything else that I should be discussing here? And I mean,
      important stuff that we simply cannot do without knowing, ya know?

      Your feedback would be awesome. And let me just take this opportunity
      to say, it is REALLY HARD to end a story with the word "scar", but I'm
      gonna do it anyway!

      Happy 2007 to all of you! Here's to a wonderful new year and
      (hopefully) Book Seven!

      -V-
    • Vidalia Patterson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 4, 2007
        I checked the loose ends section at Mugglenet:

        And, it looks like you already addressed many of them.  There are some that I don't know how you would address in the epilogue, but they got me to thinking about the following:

        - Any other dealings with the Dursleys?  I know that the beginning of AtDiC had Harry describe how he'd moved out, but figured I'd throw it in just in case.
        - How about the two-way mirror Sirius gave Harry? Is that the mirror that he used to look at the spot where his scar used to be in Ch. 13?
        - Does Percy reconcile with the Weasleys?
        - Was Ollivander a death eater or is he released from their clutches post-battle?

        Just a few to keep in mind.

        mudblood428 <mudblood428@...> wrote:
        Okay. I'm 2000 words into the Epilogue and I need your help! This
        epilogue is supposed to wrap up all the stuff that hasn't been wrapped
        up already and to inform you guys what happens to the leading players
        after the war is over.

        So. Tell me what I'm missing.

        Stuff I've already got covered:
        -What happens to Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Luna and Neville
        -What becomes of Hogwarts, post-war

        Is there anything else that I should be discussing here? And I mean,
        important stuff that we simply cannot do without knowing, ya know?

        Your feedback would be awesome. And let me just take this opportunity
        to say, it is REALLY HARD to end a story with the word "scar", but I'm
        gonna do it anyway!

        Happy 2007 to all of you! Here's to a wonderful new year and
        (hopefully) Book Seven!

        -V-

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • lx3000
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 4, 2007
          well .. I've read some of the stories of Harry/Ginny after the war - and there is one thing that I really don't like : some authors make a HUGE leap in time (like 30-40 years) and it just takes all the fun out of the story ... so hopefully you're not planning to end yours in such a fashion !!!!
          And to tell you the truth, the way you ended your last chapter seems like the best ending there could be (just a thought ...) ...

             P.S.: I really am eager to see how you'll manage to end it with the word "Scar"  :))

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • alexandra ding
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 4, 2007
            Well... I think those are the main things. I don't think you're missing anything but maybe you could say anything about a 'new Dark Lord' or whatever. Maybe you could also do the Weasleys/Malfoys or something.

            I love your story, keep it up.

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Mudblood428
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 4, 2007
              I actually agree with you!  This epilogue doesn't take them very far into the future at all - I rather like the idea that the series will end with a beginning of sorts.  So without giving too much away, the epilogue (unless I alter it) is taking place only a year and change after the end of the war.  They're basically embarking on the rest of their lives.

              And thanks!  I'm glad you liked how Chapter 13 ended! :)  Don't worry - the epilogue won't clutter things up if things work out the way I want them to...

              Oh.  In case anyone else on the list is looking, now would be a good time to revisit "Mum, Dad, It's Me... Harry."  I wasn't kidding when I said it was acting as a prologue to AtDiC and would therefore be referenced later.  And that's all I'll say about it.
              -V-

              well .. I've read some of the stories of Harry/Ginny after the war - and there is one thing that I really don't like : some authors make a HUGE leap in time (like 30-40 years) and it just takes all the fun out of the story ... so hopefully you're not planning to end yours in such a fashion !!!!
              And to tell you the truth, the way you ended your last chapter seems like the best ending there could be (just a thought ...) ...

                 P.S.: I really am eager to see how you'll manage to end it with the word "Scar"  :))

              Do You Yahoo!?
              http://mail. yahoo.com

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • lx3000
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 4, 2007
                Erm ... well I did revisit "Mum, Dad .. it's me Harry" - surprisingly I didn't see anything new so clarify your intentions :) Btw don't you think that the events happening in Mum Dad ... are a bit far from the ones in AtDiC (in the matter of time, I mean)? That makes it one harry (sorry, I meant hairy) prologue ...

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Mudblood428
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 4, 2007
                  lol  It'll make a LOT more sense when you read the epilogue!

                  -V-

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 4, 2007
                    I don't know if this would be covered in your prequel "Forbidden
                    Ground", but by the end I want to know why Harry's eyes being so much
                    like his mothers is so significant. It is mentioned so many times in
                    all the books there just has to be something to it, you know. I'll
                    let you decide what will be in the epilogue and what will be
                    in "Forbidden Ground".

                    You said you have Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Luna, and Neville
                    covered so I will put my trust in you that you will do them all
                    justice and tell us what is happening with them. God I can hardly
                    wait. I've been reading this story of yours for nearly a year now. I
                    can't believe it is coming to an end.

                    Some things I'd like to see would be more about the Wesley family all
                    of them even Percy. How Bill and Fleur are doing, what did the
                    wounds he received at the end of HBP do to him?

                    I would like to know how Remus and Tonks are doing. Is he completely
                    cured now? Can he lead a normal life now and will he be around to
                    bridge the gap between Harry and his parents.

                    What is going on with the House Elf Liberation Front Hermione was
                    working on since the middle of OotP? Is Dobby the only free elf?

                    Dose Harry's Patronus change to a Phoenix the way Tonks Patronus
                    changed into a wolf. He defiantly has some kind of connection with
                    the Phoenix and has been through an emotional upheaval to say the
                    least. I always felt that his natural flying abilities must have had
                    some root in some kind of a bird and the Phoenix is only fitting.

                    I too, would like to know if the mirror Harry was looking in was
                    Sirius's special mirror. Will he get to contact him in some way with
                    it?

                    Did Victor help them find out how to deal with the Horcruxes? Did his
                    being a student at Durmstang help at all?

                    I'll be rereading "Mum and Dad its Me Harry" later I need to drop off
                    my son at his Scout meeting now and I don't have time to get all
                    teary eyed at the moment. I sort of know what you're hinting at but I
                    want to double check it with fresh eyes.

                    I hope you Christmas was a good one! Happy New Year!
                  • lx3000
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 4, 2007
                      so when will so submit that last chapter ?

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • JF FJ
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
                        ?????