This group is for all those interested in using AtcWindows. New users should first read the installation guide in the documentation section of the group files.
- Radar display can be magnetic north up or true north up
- The radar display is highly configurable. Colors are controlled through the configuration file.
- There are five display presets that you can configure yourself so it is easy to switch from an overall display to a detailed look at particular parts of the sector
- There is a weather overlay
- There is a wide selection of aircraft commands including: hold at fix, until, then, break ...
- You can speed the simulator rate up to faster than real time (but not slower) to move the action on when nothing much is happening. The speed always goes back to real time whenever a pilot makes contact with you.
- There is a separation loss warning if the radar computer thinks that two aircraft will lose separation in one minute's time.
- Situations can be stored and re-loaded.
- Sessions can be replayed (ie same aircraft at the same time)
- Sessions can be played as a video replay.
- Transition can be other than 18,000ft
- Supports QNH other than 29.92
- Supports all types of sector except Tower.
- Pilots can be configured to make mistakes.
Those interested in designing sectors (or adapting ATCC sectors to run under AtcWindows) should join a sister group atcw_devx where you will find a Sector Designer's Guide and developer version of AtcWindows in the files section.
Anyone interested in the author may visit his website.
- Air Traffic Control
- Jul 17, 2007
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.