1250Re: [at-golden-packet] Re: AT Golden Packet 2014 and beyond

  • Robert Bruninga
    Mar 30, 2014
      Great!   Fantastic!  Yes, the separation will do nicely
      Do you need a KPC-3 TNC?

      Bob

      On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Kevin Mccauley <kb3ejm@...> wrote:

      I don't think there will be a desensing problem. The 144.390 repeater is on a commercial station aprox a half a mile away running on 20 watts. I'll be putting the 144.340 repeater in the rangers station on the very top of the mountain pretty much where we set up during the event. Of course I could adjust things as needed as well. Kevin

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 30, 2014, at 11:11 AM, Robert Bruninga <bruninga@...> wrote:

      But dont you already have a 144.39 system there?  They would desense each other.  Of course, the impact on 144.39 would be very small (very few TX packets on 144.34) but the impact on the 144.34 digi woiuld be significant.  Say the duty cycle on the 144.39 transmitter is 20%, then that blocks anything from being heard on the 144.34 frequency 20% of the time.

      But still it is certainly better than nothing!

      And in fact, then, on the exact AT Golden pact day, then all that is needed is to trun off the 144.39 side for 4 hours.

      Bob

      On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 6:23 PM, McCauley Kevin <kb3ejm@...> wrote:

      Bob, I can set up a permanent station on top of camelback and set it at whatever frequency and power level needed. If I can get the equipment together I can have this done by the end of May. This, in my opinion, would help anyone wanting to pre-test their locations and connections at anytime. I already have permission from DCNR to do this. I would think the frequency we are already using would be fine for my location. Kevin KB3EJM

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic