      From: at-golden-packet@yahoogroups.com [mailto:at-golden-packet@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of dmontpe987@...
      Sent: Monday, February 10, 2014 1:43 PM
      To: at-golden-packet@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [at-golden-packet] "Splitter for long shots"

      There's a picture on http://aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html of an antenna system identified as "Splitter for long shots".

      Has anyone built one and have experiences to share?

      It's a little optimistic to expect I would need one in 2014 to relay packets from Mount Carleton further north.   But I'd like to try and put one together. I was doing volunteers comms at the Canadian ski marathon last weekend and needed to monitor sweep skiers on 146.52 in 2 directions.

      My plan is to use 2 Arrow backpack yagis 5/8 wavelength apart, end-mounted on a shared boom and pointing in opposite directions.

      I plan to use RG-11 for the 75 ohm sections. Is it 12.9 inches on each side of the tee? or 12.9 total?

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic