1226Re: ATGP Antennas Used

  • novembertangooneindia
    Jul 31, 2013
      For voice comms on Mt Washington we used my Yaesu FT-8900R
      at full power with the Diamond CR-8900 antenna
      mounted on the trunk with a lip mount.

      The gain is 2.15 dBi (10m/6m), 2.15 dBi (2m), 5.5dBi (70cm)
      and configurations are 1/4 Wave (29/50), ½ Wave (2m), 2-5/8 Wave (70cm)

      Last year between Mt Washington and Sugarloaf did we use UHF for
      voice? I remember using two meter simplex. It would have been the same radio and antenna as this year in either case.

      John
      Nt1i
      --- In at-golden-packet@yahoogroups.com, "wa1kli" <jtarbox@...> wrote:

      > On Sugarloaf I used as simple J-Pole rollup made from 300 ohm twinlead. I have used this for three yeas now without a problem.
      >
      > The distance to Kataden is 88.9 miles and I had both voice and data comms with Tim from the summit to below treeline. Tom, please correct me if I am wrong, but you were simply using the standard antenna on your handheld on the way down and we maintained reliable comms with these simple antennas.
      >
      > Mt Washington was 74.3 miles and data comms was solid all three years. For some reason I did not have voice comms with them this year but it was fine the previous two years.
      >
      > Obviously the use of a simple omnidirectional antenna makes setup far easier that trying to aim two beams and use a splitter.
      >
      > John

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic