Re: [astro vans 4 life] 88 astro heater problems

  • ronald.shepard@gm.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2005
      There is a blower module that I think you can see from under the hood that
      is near the evaporator/A/C components and it can cause the problem you
      describe. It'll have numerous wires connected to it. That controls various
      speeds with resistors and is cooled by airflow in the HVAC ducting. At
      least you know the motor is good as they are a real drag to change. The
      blower module attaches with 2 or 3 screws.

      Got a shop manual? If not, visit your local library. They cost about $130
      new and the Chilton type are a little light on diagnosis procedures.

      Good luck!

      "David"
      <diggity1972@yahoo. To: astrovans4life@yahoogroups.com
      com> cc:
      Sent by: Subject: [astro vans 4 life] 88 astro heater problems
      astrovans4life@yaho
      ogroups.com

      11/20/2005 03:31 PM
      Please respond to
      astrovans4life

      I cant get the blower motor to well blow I have changed the blower
      switch in the dash with no luck also have jumped the blower moter
      directly with the battery and it kicks on full blast. I was thinking
      of wiring it directly like that with a toggle switch but was worried
      about burning it up anyone have any thoughts Thanks

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Visit your group "astrovans4life" on the web.