Starwheel with date-calibrated ecliptic?

  • waiferx
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2003
      Hello!

      I've just started teaching astronomy at Cuesta College in San Luis Obispo, CA, and
      have just been informed that the Rand McNally "Glow-in-the-Dark Star Finder" (ISBN
      0-528-83374-X) is out of print.

      The thing I liked about it (other than the glow in the dark business) is that it had the
      ecliptic marked off with dates, such that you could also use it to determine the path
      of the Sun, and sunrise/sunset times for various dates. I haven't seen that in the few
      other planispheres I've seen on the market. Would there be any other in-print
      planisphere on the market with a date-calibrated ecliptic?

      Regards,
      Patrick M. Len
      (pml@...)

      =====