CXC's PinpointWCS Beta Release

  • kimberlykowal
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2009
      Dear Colleagues,

      The Chandra X-ray Center is pleased to announce a beta version of PinpointWCS.

      PinpointWCS simplifies retrieval of world coordinate system (WCS) data from FITS images for outreach astronomy images. Desktop planetarium packages aware of these data can intelligently position astronomical images on the digital sky lending a unique context to the outreach image.

      Please find more information at:
      http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/~akapadia/pinpointwcs/

      We are looking for feedback from the community with suggestions on how to improve this software. We look forward to hearing your feedback, and working towards a full release! And please share this with whomever may be interested.

      Enjoy!
      Amit Kapadia
      and Kim Arcand