Article about experiments during the solar eclipse

  • Thomas Goodey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2010
      Gentlemen:

      Professor Pugach of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine,
      Dimitrie Olenici of Suceava, Romania, and I have written a paper
      about the results of various experiments that we performed during
      the solar eclipse of 1 August 2008. The anomalous results
      appeared to be consistent, indeed correlated. You may be
      interested to download a preprint of this paper (about 900K)
      from:

      http://www.allais.info/docs/pugarticle.pdf

      And here is an alternative location (in case the one above gives
      trouble):

      http://www.flyingkettle.com/docs/pugarticle.pdf

      Comments would be appreciated.

      A number of us are now in the southern Maldives, for experiments
      during the annular solar eclipse of next Friday, the 15th. You
      can read about our exploits at:

      http://www.eclipse-chasers.com/ase2010Allais.html

      and you can read something about the general background at:

      http://www.eclipse-chasers.com/tseAllais.html

      Thomas Goodey

      Theories, theories, myriads upon myriads of
      them, streamed over me like wind-borne leaves,
      like the contents of some titanic paper-factory
      flung aloft by the storm, like dust-clouds in
      the hurricane advance of the mind.

      ---- Olaf Stapledon, 'Last Men in London'
    • currere101
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2010
        Thomas Goodey,

        In the remarks, page 9, of the pugarticle.pdf article, you detail the problem in constructing two identical pendulums. It is obvious the pendulums are not in the same exact location. The report should have noted the precise location of each device, at least to the precision of a good GPS device, if widely separated, but within a cm if in the same immediate location.

        I realize you are working with "new science," and it is difficult to know how much detailed information should be recorded and included in a report.

        Regards, Currere101