15RE: visiting Hawaii

  • taburv
    Nov 28, 2013

      Hey Michael,

      Therese and I are thinking about visiting Hawaii too, with similar dates. Let's catch up!

      Cheers,

      Vello

      ---In astro-hawaii@yahoogroups.com, <mmatti@...> wrote:

      Hello all,

      My wife and I will be visiting Hawaii between Dec 6-13 and would be interested in meeting up with astronomers, in particular, to observe comets ISON (should it survive) and comet Lovejoy. We will be staying near Kona for 6 nights. What do people recommend as the best site to observe the comets, keeping in mind we need a clear northeastern horizon. I see on Google Earth that the Mauna Kea visitor centre does not have a good horizon to the north east. Would the viewing be better on Mauna Loa? If so, where?

      best regards,

      Michael Mattiazzo,

      Swan Hill. Victoria. Australia

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic