14Huge Fireball over South Kona 9PM Saturday

  • startestisbest
    Nov 24, 2013
      It went from Perseus thru Andromeda, ending W of the square of Pegasus, as seen from my observing site in Ocean View. Much brighter than Venus, almost as the Moon, it lit up the clouds. I would estimate it about -9 magnitude. It changed colors too, at one point a cool green, and was almost a perfect "teardrop" shape with a long trail. Time was just around 9:01 PM or slightly earlier. About 4 minutes later a sonic boom was heard too. This was one of the best ones I have seen.
      Mike